Spartans Home

Brettzies weapon Mod

Have any of you guys tried this?, I have been using them since he came out with his original version and they are pretty good, as far as I know you can't join a server with them unless the server has it running or you get an incompatible version error message, but I guess if enough people wanted to play with it you could add it.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...mp;#entry533946

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tried it locally and like it a lot.

If we do want ot set it up server side we will have to work out how. The bat file launches the game, but on the server we need to lauch the dedi file. It may be possible to copy the contents of his context......xml into the stock file (after backing it up) but I would need to test it, we could set up a second instance which we would turn on manually when we wanted to play, but we cannot leave to instances running all the time.

Do you guys have links to all the maps you run on your public GRAW2 server? I've clicked on all the download links on the site here and I come up with nothing.

I don't have internet at home or I'd just go online and see whats running on the server. It's easier for me to just download all the maps while I'm at work.

The server IP is 74.86.116.136:16252 correct?

I have managed to set up a server using this mod (16250). I have tested it briefly, joined, did the weapon selection (picked the excellent Sig 552 SD) and shot an AI.

I have to go away for a couple of days, Floyd can launch it from the Firedaemon. For now it is turned on and the normal server is off. I have to research how to run 2 servers at the same time (definately can be done but I have forgotten how) and will do so on my return, but for now you need to switch one off to turn the other one on.

The Password is the same as the arma servers

As I have said I havent done extensive tests so I make no promises but initially this worked.

ta Zeno good job

I played ten minutes on invasion until I got this error

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: addon_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\weapon.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\huskinventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\mods_human\huskonfoot.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\humanhusk.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

On restarting game map had changed I played 10 seconds and same error

Next two restarts crashed after weapons selection completed

Just got this error when I tried to play same as you guys: :(

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: addon_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK:

Edited by Zebb~SPARTA~

Thats the exact same error I am recieving. I get my errors about ten minutes in to the castle day map and twice when entering kit select screen.

The server doesnt have castle day on it

I am trying to isolate the maps where this crash occurs on the server

So far I get crashes on

coop_Bogie_OccupationDay_v3

coop_Bogie_Oasis_Day_v2

coop_Bogie_OceanicDay_v3

coop_youppi

coop_timber

I do not get post weapon selection crashes on

coop_quarry

coop_invasion

coop_retrieve

coop_crashsite_v2

I will add to this list as I work through the maps, try to note the maps where you have no problems locally

This is my error

"Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: addon_data in type

SCRIPT STACK:

Physics : threaded"

Also when my local game crashes the server jumps immediately to the next map

Brettzies thinks its more likely to be map specific

I get exactly the same error message.

I got it today on a map that ran for about 5 minutes before it crashed, I can't remember the name of it but it had 3 objectives that you had to blow up and when I spawned there were 2 fixed machine guns to my left at the end of the road.

I think thats retrieve. I have just posted at GRNet we'll see if Brettzie has a solution, but now that the server actually runs it has to be an interaction between the mod and the maps and possibly the dedicated server.

maybe we could test it on stock maps

Wolfsong(?) wrote a mod to double the draw distance, if I install that mod we can test the server to see if its stable when running a mod.

This is all new to me we have never run mods on a graw server, but this mod transforms the game for me and I am keen to make the server work, but as I rummage around in my bag of talent few tools come to hand, lol.

I will happily play this mod on hosted servers if we cannot crack the dedi server issues.

Medic was trying to join my server with castle day on it

I've had the same error on every map on our server, sometimes after 10 min sometimes 10 seconds sometimes after kit selection

I can play the mod for hours on my own server with every map I have tried it on but nobody has successfully joined me

OK sorry I didnt understand, now that I know that you cannot run the mod as a server either I am much less optimistic for our dedi server.

Also if you run the mod the anti cheat on our non modded server will pick up on the bp_weapons_pack_v2.0 mod in the local folder and not let you join, so you need to move that file out of local then you will have no probs. Alternatively you can copy your unmodded graw2 folder and run that for unmodded games and the other one for modded games.

Brettzie has made a little patch

I have applied it to the server and my pc

heres what I told him

Ok I have made the changes

1 I had to change my home setup from local to mod otherwise I couldnt join the server (which I only managed to setup as a mod)

2 Mysteriously your little intro video no longer works, I just get a blank screen then I when I press enter I get the main menu

3 Definite improvement, maps which crashed immediately following weapon selection actually played for a little while

4 every map stock or modded can crash locally and still does

5 although the server does not crash per se, it does move on to the next map when I crash locally (I need to check this when other players are in the server). Having said that the server restarted without a crash report after I crashed locally whist playing coop_bogie_oasis_day_v2

6 Is it normal for the Mk18 (secondary weapon in sniper kit 14) to make no noise at all.

I hope this helps narrow the investigation

His post with the link is here

So long as he keeps working on a solution I will keep trying to make it work. I dont mind learning new stuff.

Still getting the same error today on the Occupation map, lets hope we can work out what the problem is eventually.. :poster_oops:

SCRIPT STACK: