Spartans Home

Canadians find a possible cure...

MedicSN6

I thought, naw, leave it alone, then ahhh what the hell, I cant resit that challenge LOL

a few Canadian contributions for ya all.

CF-105 Avro Arrow from Avro Canada - Fastest most hi-tech jet fighter/interceptor aircraft for its day designed in the mid to late 50's. Mach2+ and 50'000'+ ceiling. (Alot of those same engineers after the program was canceld in 1959 went to Nasa and were heavily involved in the space program.)

Artificial heart.

Television V chip

Java computer language.....(well not so great lol)

Pacemaker

First female fighter pilot

Pamela Anderson.......boing boing

Bob and Doug Makenzie

AM radio

IMAX projector and system

panoramic pictures and camera

standard time

telephone

transceiver (walkie-talkie)

world's first commercial motion picture

butter substitute

electric cooking range

instant potato flakes

Pablum

cigarette box

freehand

hair tonic

jolly jumper

improved ironing board

measure for footwear

paint roller

portable high chair

robertson screw

washing machine

zipper

degradable plastic

green box

kerosene

oil well

pulp newsprint

sewage recycling system

Actar 911 CPR Dummy

dental mirror

electron microscope

insulin

liposomes

medical instruments

electric hand prosthesis for children

myoelectric prosthesis

fog bell or gong

personal distress device

MacPherson gas mask

ear piercer

Abdomenizer

Balderdash

basketball

5-pin bowling

hockey goalie mask

Muskol

Puzz-3D

rollerskate

ski-binding

tabletop hockey game

Trivial Pursuit

air-conditioned vehicle

Canadarm

electric car

guardrail

snowblower

snowmobile

lacrosse

ice brewed beer

hockey

back bacon

Superman

Beano

baseball (yes! we played it first)

Candu Nuclear Reactors

Commodore Computers

Red Rose Tea

Smarties

the wonderbra

V-chip

cable TV

peacekeeping

Geiger Counter

engineered yarn

beer cases with tuck-in handles

flight simulators for pilot training

Keanu Reeves

Jim Carrey

Alex Trebek

Shania Twain

The movie "porkys"

William Shatner

G-suit

Thats good enough for now lol

I knew this would hit a nerve with someone. Haha. I think it was Robin Williams that called Canada the Apartment above a really great party.

Ya gotta love Canada though for one simple reason. Uniform health care. Yous guys got us there. ;)

I see the Canadian Propaganda Ministry is in full swing. By the way, I work for the company founded by the father of radio: Guigliermo Marconi. He invented the transceiver, AM Radio and made the first transatlantic radio transmission from Canada to the UK, but he was not Canadian. Guess from where Mr. Marconi hailed...?

...that's right, England. Oh sure he was Italian, but the geograhic and marketing hype surrounding anything "Transatlanic" was so huge he could not pass up the opportunity. Remember Charles Lindburgh? Same principal.

As for the famous people you mention, where do they live now?

And why? Because of your healthcare system that takes over a year to treat serious illness and your 62% marginal effective tax bracket.

Your redeeming quality is that you don't have nukes and the Montreal women are the sexiest in the world.

Thems the facts folks.

...--.--...-..-..--- And now the News..... Today more Canadian Propaganda....lol

Actually were not really smart enough for propaganda and all Canadians in the US are secret under cover operatives....ooopss... crap..... dont let anyone know eh!

Dec. 23, 1900. The Canadian physicist Professor Reginald Aubrey Fessenden transmits speech using a spark-gap transmitter. He spoke the words, "One, two, three, four, is it snowing where you are Mr. Thiessen? If it is, would you telegraph back to me?" Mr. Thiessen, one mile way, heard the transmission. His voice was the first ever to be transmitted by radio waves and heard by another person.

Dec. 12, 1901. Marconi believes he hears letter "S" transmitted by Morse Code from Poldhu to Signal Hill, St. Johns NF. [The feat was considered the first transatlantic radio transmission, but later researchers have concluded that his reception was not possible and that Marconi may have instead heard static caused by lightning.] Then that darn Tesla got the first patent for radio. Thats just not fair.

Where do they live now: lol, no kidding eh, if I had my way Id be down there too. Lots of good friends, great places to visit, and $2.99 breakfast's. Man do we get ripped off up here.

Health care system ...... sucks no matter where ya go.

Tax bracket yeah ya got me there.... lol We pay alot of tax and your right no nukes....lol could you imagine Qubec with nukes..... holy crap :blink: or worse Newfoundland! But youd have an extra half hour if they launched. Hey, we did manage to scrap enough scratch to buy a C17 so we dont have to borrow as many of yours, thanks by the way! we appreciate the ride! Afganastan was too far to paddle the ol birtchbark canoe and with the pole melting the dogsled is definatly out.

Re Montreal..... oh yeah and they do this really great amazing make your eyes roll back.... thing....there... oh, thats a secret too :rolleyes:

Re Jim Carrey- yeah lol your right. :wacko:

Loved the comment from Robin Williams, so true! :lol:

Avril's pretty cute... I wonder if she knows that Montreal secret...........Ill have to ask. :wub:

All in good fun, its great to laugh at ones self eh ;)

ROFLMAO!!!! I just busted out laughing in Washington DC Dulles Airport waiting to hitch a ride home and everyone is looking at me like I'm funny - but that title belongs to you Dr. No!

Sheesh. You get the best post of the week award.

BTW, Tesla was Russian (Nicolai Tesla) and it was Anthony Stubblefield who patented the first wireless transmitter in 1892 using spark gap transmission, which he showed at the World's Fair Columbian Exposition in New York City.

What the heck. They were all prima donna's, including Thomas Edison. Marconi wanted the world to know he had devised a method of changing the radio wave's amplitude in order to modulate a voice signal (amplitude modulation or AM) so on Christmas eve 190x (i'll have to look up the actual year) he broadcast Christmas Carols on the Transatlanic Wireless Telegraph frequency in use for the ships going between the UK and New York. Instead of hearing dits and dahs, they heard music on the Edison Phonograph. He was all the rage in the papers.

Today it seems so simple.

Pro

(Extra Class, Amateur Radio License: AB8VB)

• 2 weeks later...