User posted image

User posted image

Edit: Re-Sized them.. :)

Edited by Zebb~SPARTA~

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a blast. Holiday here today, so no work for me (other than that which is spousely mandated)! Therefore, I was up until 3:30 am with X-Wind doing the mission that had the ATVs.

Let's do it again. My heart was in my throat most of the night and I nearly shit myself at the end when I was blindsided from some Talibani, that ended my night/morning.

Great games yesterday (into this morning!). What an intense environment....I'm still recovering from that session...lol.

It's a whole new ball game out in that desert setting.

Zebb has found some more missions that I am adding immediately to server 4. There's 4 or 5 up now that only require A.C.E. and Avgani/Afghan Village. Trying to avoid add-on overload while still getting some fresh missions onto the server.

If you haven't fought in a desert climate and would like to experience this heightened intensity just grab one of us on TS and we'll make sure you get set up properly.

Great screenies Zebb.....watching poor ol' Cy getting dragged around was priceless. (We continued on to penetrate the village where I caught a slug and had to pay the respawn penalty. When I got back Cy had the bodies stacked up around him like cord wood and he was just kicked backed catching some rays wondering what was taking me so long..lol)

We started using the rucks later on to get some more ammo up to the fight. Some of the new A.C.E. changes are just beginning to show their very welcomed added benefit.

I'll start working on the mission uploads now and should be on TS a bit later.

What a night that was.....let's do that again real soon!

:( Sorry I missed it. Between school work, having company over, then all of us going over to a friends house to watch Pittsburgh kick the hell out of Baltimore, it was a pretty busy day.

Plus this morning I had to drive to work on terrible road conditions. IT FINALLY SNOWED. ;)

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Medic make sure you get the @OPX addon that Zebb has kindly put on his filefront page:

Zebb's OPX Link

The devs have packaged this necessary mod in a very confusing fashion so getting the proper one from Zebb is highly recommended.

I'm working on getting all the new mods/addons into a one stop pinned post for everyone's convenience so bear with us while this is developed.

As always just grab someone on TS and we'll get ya sorted.

See ya out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Assorted shots from last night:

Don't let T1 lead your vehicle.

User posted image

Or call in arty fire (on his own head)

User posted image

User posted image

The fight from this rooftop was brutal:

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

Again, nice pics. Better than the Lego Arma I've got on mine.

In my defence. I was only directing the Hummer, X-wind was Driving, and the Gunner..... we'll we never did find out if they got any rounds off.

Ahh. The Arty Strike from hell.

Lesson #1

When you're lasing a target DO NOT kneel behind a wall, then wonder why the distance to the Arty strike is only 1.7 meters from you.....

• 2 weeks later...

You must have owl eyes to see in that stuff without NVG..lol.

Actually I like doing it as well if I can throw up a few illumination flares.

That was a GREAT fight Zebb. We had 80+ down between us with only one casualty.

And then there was the grenade incident in the tower... :rip_1:

Other than those two 'minor' setbacks I thought it was a great fight against overwhelming odds.

Briiliant stuff bud.....let's do it again soon!

ps...I've grabbed the script for the IEDs :) Working on a new 'special' mission now :thumbsup:

Lol, yes mate that was pretty intense, it was cool the way we managed to get back out of the compound after the initial contact, return to our base,re-equip and then go back into the town in the dark to finish the job, I was waiting for another IED to go off all the time we were working our way through the town in the dark but I guess there can't be too many around, even our idea to clear out as many as we could from the tower was working pretty well.

Thanks for the game mate. :thanks:

....HEY! who was in my tank in that one screenie?!

That's Rolling Thunder moving up under AI control in a single life mission (no respawn/revive).....intense.

Keeps ya on your toes when you know it's one and out.

We did add a spectate mode so the casualties can watch the rest of the battle....good fun.

....even our idea to clear out as many as we could from the tower was working pretty well.....

Yep...right up to the point where I decided to toss a nade and bounce it off the wall inside the tower with us... :wallbash:

It was a good one though bud. I had a GREAT time.

:thumbsup:

Lol, np mate it was bound to happen to one of us trying to lob frags out of a small aperture.. :D

@Zath, as X-wind said those tanks are under ai control but it's easy enough to add some tanks in a mission that we could use.