Spartans Home

Keyboard Woes

Rocky

I'm fed up with my keyboards giving up the ghost after only a year or so. It's always the damn cable, where it goes into the back of the KB, loose connection BAH. It's not like I buy the cheapest either, I have always bought Logitech.

So I am thinking about going wireless KB now, the wireless mouse has been a joy, so I wondered if anyone here uses a wireless KB and if they would recommend it? Any gaming issues? How do they charge, I assume there's not a huge great docking station for them lol.

I actually use a Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse since xmas. The only issues I had with it were the dongle didn't seem to find the kb sometimes, but I seem to have fixed that by moving the dongle to a front USB port. No issues since then.

Works fine for gaming, except if you are in a game that uses mostly mouse and you need keyboard in a hurry, sometimes the kb falls asleep and it takes about a second to wake up after first key tap. Usually though, games like EVE that use Mouse mostly don't usually require instant reaction from kb where the second delay would make a difference. Games where you are using kb and mouse all the time, neither will fall asleep so you are good to go unless you go afk.

I use a Rocketfish bluetooth kb and mouse.

I have been using a "Keytronic - lifetime series" keyboard since 2002. The cable is hardwired to the back of the board so it doesn't get messed up. I move it around alot so if it was going to go bad it should have by now.

It wasn't cheap, but it still has the same key response it had when it was new. The keys are guaranteed for 30 million strokes. I need to re-mark some of the keys because I have almost worn the letters off of them.

I think it was worth the extra bucks.

This is the version I bought http://www.keytronic.com/home/products/specs/designer-p2.htm

ive been useing a bluetooth KB and untill the outher day mouse foe the last 2 years and 8 months and it works well, the kayboard uses 4xAA battires they last an age in them so it is viable to use disposable ones in there but i use rechargeable ones, every now and again the key board will disconect for some reasiona nd then reconect which can be extremly aknoying some times but that might have some thing to do with the amount of times i droped it, btu its pritty robust have droped it and it fully not working and then with a few bangs its sprung back to life again, one time i had to open it up and prod the circuet board with my finger lol

the mouse only stoped working because the charging doc broke but i acule got fed up with forgeting to charge the mouse and then it dieing on me mid game so im probs going to be geting a wired mouse this time.

the kB i have is the logitech MX5000 but there are porbley newer and better ones on the market now. happy hunting