Spartans Home

ArmA Patch 1.15 Required to Join Server

Xross

This post has been superceded by the 1.16 Beta Update post pinned at the top of this section:

1.16 Beta Post

As of today you must be running the 1.15 Beta patch in order to join ArmA server 2 (and soon server 4).

You can find the patch here:

Patch 1.15 Beta

Let the patch auto-install which will setup both the patch and BattleEye. BattleEye may be turned off server side but let the patch install it (avoids future headaches).

You should have a new shortcut for the 1.15 version with a target path that looks similar to this:

"D:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash

Note the beta folder in the path and in the mod switch (my installation is on D: your target path will show the drive letter\path of your ArmA installation.

This is the baseline requirement (so far other mods are still okay).

See the A.C.E. Thread for information specific to that environment.

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

After doing some research on the 'WORLD WIDE WEB'. Armaholic and tactical Gamer included. I have found where there are crosshair modifications but no real "Disable Crosshairs" Script or Mod. I am hoping I just missed it, and this is highly likely with as many people who play this game and who want ultimate realism.

Without a formal mod, my thought is that in order to be able to change the crosshair's look and function, there has to be either a model or an image that represents it. If I can find the image/images and modify it/them to display nothing, then we can have no crosshairs, but agian it would be semi-permanent.

The bad part is that there would not be an in-game option to enable/disable crosshairs. Also, if each weapon has its own floaty crosshair image, it would be one hell of an endeavor to replace them all with a modded file. Hopefully, this isn't the case.

OKAY, I knew it had to be easier that I thought. Things usually are. ;)

I hope this helps.

Medic

To change those settings for your dedicated you have to edit the profile which is running on your server

In this profile you can specify all serversettings, take a look below for an example

Code:

class Difficulties
{
class regular
{
class Flags
{
Armor=0;
FriendlyTag=0;
EnemyTag=0;
HUD=1;
HUDPerm=0;
HUDWp=1;
HUDWpPerm=1;
WeaponCursor=1;
AutoAim=0;
AutoGuideAT=0;
3rdPersonView=0;
ClockIndicator=1;
Map=0;
Tracers=1;
AutoSpot=0;
UltraAI=0;
UnlimitedSaves=0;
};
skillFriendly=0.850000;
skillEnemy=0.550000;
precisionFriendly=0.850000;
precisionEnemy=0.490000;
};
class veteran
{
class Flags
{
HUD=1;
HUDWp=1;
HUDWpPerm=1;
WeaponCursor=0;
ClockIndicator=0;
3rdPersonView=0;
Tracers=1;
UltraAI=0;
};
skillFriendly=0.850000;
skillEnemy=0.850000;
precisionFriendly=0.850000;
precisionEnemy=0.850000;
};
};

You need this line

Code:

WeaponCursor=1;

Change the "1" to a "0".

:wink

SOURCE: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=3166#3166

Mainly because they are no use at all for aiming any weapon or for finding direction etc but they can obscure any small movements that may be happening in the distance to your front, or distract your attention because you get used to seeing things moving around in your field of vision and don't pay attention when something you need to see appears.

I see more enemy patrols and other threats by the small amount of movement they give away in the foliage or in my periphery than any other method, and having a bobbing white expanding and contracting image right in front of my view is only a hindrance in my opinion.

Do you have a different view then mate?

If we are talking about the T shaped reticule when you do not have your weapon shouldered then I most strongly disagree that they are useless. They have saved my life on many occasions when in heavy woodland or Urban environments.

If you use the right mouse button to zoom them in then they can provide pretty good 'Snap' shots if an Opfor suddenly appears. This is much quicker than shouldering your weapon and trying to reacquire a close target.

If it's a realism argument then again this can be argued either way.

Yes in real life you do not get a reticule, but in real life you have an innate awareness of where your barrel is pointed and I have known people who are pretty damn accurate in real life firing at close range from the hip .

Obviously a decision will be made as to the reticule and I will have to abide by that decision but I just wanted to inform you that at least one person finds them useful.

If you are talking about something other than the above T reticule then sorry for getting the wrong end of the stick B)

Yep, that's what I meant lol

I guess we just use our weapon scopes/sights in different ways mate, I use my bino's a lot and my weapon sights, I never use the onscreen ret for the reason's I mentioned above, and without it I still always know which way my barrel is pointing

If people want it left on that's fine by me but up until now no-one has mentioned a preference so I'm sure either way the admins can make a decision.. :rolleyes:

Is there a local solution so everyone gets what they want.

But as the Rolling sotnes said you dont alwys get what you want.......you get what you need.

Damn those "Rolling Sotnes" and their wise words of wisdom. :rolleyes:

We played with the rets on last night and they seemed to be less intrusive than the original ones, they appeared to be almost greyed out, but I will see if there is any way that I can turn them off in my mod and then that way everyone can choose what they prefer..