Spartans Home

A.C.E. Mod

Xross

Quick question.

I am downloading ACE as we speak and have also d/led the other dependencies mentioned by X in his earlier post. I have created @.... folders in my main Arma directory and put the pbo files in the Add On folders within those. I am unusre where to put the .bikey files that are included with the two map services addons. Do they go in the Keys folder in my main Arma direcotry or within the Addons folders in the relevant @... folder?

Also, just to clarify, the baseline requirement for server 2 now is 1.15 beta plus ACE mod and its other dependencies - is this correct?

When I installed the mods, I did not install the key files and it works perfectly. This was done based on instruction from X-Wind himself. So I think it is safe to leave those out.

Also, as far as I know, unless they changed it within the last 36 hours, Server 2 is 1.15 Beta only, and Server 4 is 1.14 with ACE and the other mods.

I do believe the plan will be to update server 4 to 1.15 in the very near future. But again, X-Wind or those more knowledgeable would be the ones to water-board for the info.

EDIT: Tested and confirmed. 12/3/08 10:34am EST

S2 = 1.15 Beta with no mods

S4 = 1.14 ACE with X-Wind's addon pack in the above posts.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

My .bikey files are in the "..."\ARMA\Keys" folder

I think ACE is running on Server 2 and 4.

Make sure you go to the ACE wiki pages to see what new features are in it. No more running for miles with a full load out, being able to use the secondary sights on the ACOG etc, dragging your injured mates out of the line of fire ...

And that's just the little improvements B)

Edit :- Medic beat me to it.

I just tried to connect to Server 2 with just 1.15 and it hung, it will connect with 1.15 and ACE so it looks like both servers are running the same at the moment.

Server 4 was running Domination, and 2 was for smaller ad hoc missions IIRC.

Edited by T1~SPARTA~

Okay so there is a slight 'bug' on the ACE mod. DO not jump into a vehicle while you are panting heavily and getting ready to pass out. The sound and the fading will continue even though you have spent time waiting for it to return to normal. The bad part is that the only way to fix this is to respawn.

Both Punisher and I have experienced this bug. This should be easy enough to avoid.

All set with this now - was getting kicked when joining server 4 but removed my custom face.jpg and all is well now.

Interesting bug at ref 101060 - a fighter flew above my head and straight into the mountainside above me before cascading down towards me in flames - I moved pretty sharpish. There were the carcasses of a few Heli's there too (and indeed I heard another one crash a few mins later in same spot but had no visual) suggesting either an AI bug or some kamikaze training squadron.

Flying a heli when I toggled to Map my speed dropped to zero - don't know if this is accident or design.

S1 is off but is usually setup for evolution

S2 is patched to 1.15 and has durgs vegetation fix and true mods

S3 is off but is usually set to run domination it has the xam 1.5 and durgs vegetation fix

S4 is patched to 1.14 running queens gambit and the ace mod as well as mapfact_EU Mapfact and six_bc mods

These are from the command lines on the server.

Interesting bug at ref 101060 - a fighter flew above my head and straight into the mountainside above me before cascading down towards me in flames - I moved pretty sharpish. There were the carcasses of a few Heli's there too (and indeed I heard another one crash a few mins later in same spot but had no visual) suggesting either an AI bug or some kamikaze training squadron.

Flying a heli when I toggled to Map my speed dropped to zero - don't know if this is accident or design.

Helis seem to crash into trees or mountains at random, even before the ACE mod was around. It affects choppers and planes, causing them to lose control of the aircraft and crash into the ground, forest or mountains. It looks random, like the pilots are losing control, and not necessarily a script error. It happens a little too often though.

As for the losing speed in the map view, it is probably because you lose control of your helicopter when you're in the map, but the throttle stays the same. So if you stay in the map long enough, you'll lose all of your horizontal speed and will just be moving up.

S1 is off but is usually setup for evolution

S2 is patched to 1.15 and has durgs vegetation fix and true mods

S3 is off but is usually set to run domination it has the xam 1.5 and durgs vegetation fix

S4 is patched to 1.15 running queens gambit and the ace mod as well as mapfact_EU Mapfact and six_bc mods

These are from the command lines on the server.

S4 is patched to 1.15 as of today

Perfect! Thanks for sorting this.

My Command line for Server 4 is as follows. Bear in mind this is running on an XP Pro machine, NOT VISTA. So watch your quotation marks.

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;@ACE;@DBE1;@mapfact_EU;@mapfact;@SIX_BC -nosplash -vm108

Yours may be different. Check the file names for each addon. I know for sure that I changed the DBE (Queen's Gambit) folder name.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Yeah it is a great mod.

I havn't had time to be on lately but the times I have played it were very enjoyable.

There is another bug in Arma (that is not caused by ACE itself) where in certain situations

the enemy shoots down their own Jet. It is hilarious to see... that white streak leaving the city and Poof! out come the pilots.

There is another bug in Arma (that is not caused by ACE itself) where in certain situations

the enemy shoots down their own Jet. It is hilarious to see... that white streak leaving the city and Poof! out come the pilots.

Those are the counter-insurgence troops our special forces are training and supplying. They are working FOR us not against us. It's just a shame we can't tell the difference we the infantry rolls through the town and lays waste to everything. I hope they are okay with 72 virgins.

;)

Oh wait... were fighting russians... I hope they are okay with 1 loud, hairy, bitch.

:) thats better.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~