Spartans Home

A.C.E. Mod

Xross

A.C.E. Feature List

Coming to a server near you.....(eg Sparta Server 4)

Get it here:

Mirrors

Note: This is an Initial Public Beta and is out for testing only. This mod was almost two years in the making and comes from the same team that developed '6th Sense' (several 6th Sense features are included in this mod). Looks GREAT so far.

Thanks to Zeno for getting server 4 up and running so quickly with this mod.

As always Chain of Command, Unit Cohesion and Mission Sanity are the fundamentals within ArmA regardless of Mod Set.

Originally Posted by ACE Features

- Robust stamina system that factors in the weight of your gear, speed of movement, steepness of terrain, weather, wounds, and more. The pacing of combat becomes a lot more authentic when people can no longer endlessly sprint around the map and exploit their superhuman endurance.

- Detailed medical system. The current implementation takes what worked well and builds on it, and the in-development version goes even beyond that. Bleeding, self-aid, buddy aid, bandaging, transportation of the wounded, etc - you name it, it's in or being developed in. The gameplay we have had from this alone has been spectacular. There's nothing quite like seeing someone get hit, running over to them, dragging them away, then doing a quick examination and following that with the appropriate medical attention.

- Greatly enhanced damage model. When you're shot, you can expect to be wounded more often than killed, as is the reality of combat. Stunning can occur, based on the severity of the injury, as can being knocked down, dropping your weapon, being rendered temporarily unconscious (ie: from an explosion). Can't walk? Stunned? Unconscious? No worries - a buddy can drag you from the battlefield and call a medic over to tend to you. The same system applies to vehicles as well - if a vehicle takes a hard hit, it's likely that the crew will be knocked out, which may cause their vehicle to drive erratically or come to a halt. Fellow soldiers can then run to it and drag the unconcious crew members out of the vehicle and to safety.

- Rucksacks & improved inventory system. The rucksack system from Wargames League has been greatly enhanced - the interface is integrated with the gear menu and is absolutely trivial to learn and use. Pack extra ammo, grenades, medical supplies, etc, in a rucksack that can be dropped when necessary to lighten your load (ie at the final staging area before an assault).

- Crew-served weapons. An M2 team may consist of several people - one with the gun itself, one with the tripod, and another with ammo. You can deploy these weapons anywhere (even on top of buildings), break them down to transport somewhere else, or even pick up the fully deployed weapon with the help of several players and move it to a new location.

- Realistic aircraft egress. Jets have ejection seats that will propel you clear before deploying your parachute. There are no more "magic parachutes" - if you jump out of a helo and aren't packing a parachute, you're going to plummet to your grisly demise. Parachutes are an inventory item that must be present for parachute functionality to happen, and you'll be able to choose when you pull the ripcord to avoid those awkward "Oh god please don't shoot me in my chute" deaths that can otherwise happen.

- Authentic startup times for vehicles. No more instant-on Abrams. While you will not have to wait the full amount of time that some vehicles require in reality for the sake of gameplay and fun, there will be delays to encourage proper and realistic gameplay behaviors.

- Fantastic visual effects, created by none other than Maddmatt. If you've used his public ArmA Effects stuff, you'll have a good idea of what to expect.

- Tweaked vehicular damage, resulting in less catastrophic kills, and more of a focus on mobility kills and other non-catastrophic-explosion-causing forms of destruction.

- Authentic helicopter gunnery. Currently in the mid stages of development, the ACE Cobra features a fantastically modeled set of weaponry and functionality taken straight from the actual Cobra flight manual. More details on this in the future - we're keeping the specifics under wraps for right now, but rest assured that the end result is going to please anyone who has ever wished that the ArmA helo experience was more than just "lock-fire-rinse-repeat".

- Enhanced AI behaviors and more authentic levels of accuracy and lethality. Combine this with other aspects of ACE and you have firefights that last longer, result in more wounding and less killing, and just generally are more enjoyable to partake in.

- Other assorted cool things - backblast for anti-tank weapons, blast overpressure effects, no ammo counter for rifles and such (with the ability to do a "magazine check" to get an idea of how full your current magazine is), enhanced recoil modeling, simulation of unexploded ordnance, wind influencing helicopter flight, new character types (ADF, USMC, USN/SEAL, USARMY), weapons, and vehicles, proper anti-tank rocket ballistics, etc etc etc. That's not even counting a ton of things that are in the pipeline (such as the radio enhancements, map enhancements, and a ton more).

- Over 25 islands ported from WGL for OFP. While not as visually pretty as Sahrani, these islands provide tried-and-true gameplay that gets you off of Sahrani for some varied terrain and new combat and mission possibilities. They don't look half bad in the ArmA engine, either! There's also a brand new ArmA island that has been created, but the details of that will have to wait until a bit later.

Enjoy

User posted image

UPDATE:

This mod requires the following on both client and server sides along with the A.C.E. mod:

1) Queen's Gambit (ie -mod=dbe1)

2) MapFact Editor Update ( -mod=@mapfact_EU....change folder to this name to avoid conflict with next one)

Map Editor Update Link

3) Map Services ( -mod=@mapfact)

Map Services Link

4) 6th Sense Battle Center ( -mod=@SIX_BC)

Battle Center Link

So my switch line looks like this: -mod=@ACE;dbe1;@mapfact_EU;@mapfact;@SIX_BC

The laggy frame rates experienced were directly related to running existing missions with this mod....won't work.

The Battle Center and the Updated Editor provides the environment to both experience the A.C.E. Mod and generate missions suited to it.

The changes are vast in scope making this the most significant improvement of ArmA to date. New missions are in development now.

Any questions just ask.

Also Server 2 can be upgraded to 1.15 at anytime. Once on the server this will be a baseline requirement to join (all command line switches remain the same).

1.15 Patch - Beta

Special Thanks to Punisher~SPARTA~ for giving up countless hours of sleep to help get this sorted and without whom none of this would be ready to roll out to Spartans.....Cheers Bud!

Blimey, good job on working this one out guys, maybe it will cut down a few of my recent crashes that I have been trying to solve...

Just tried it with the new extensions but on the "pilot rescue" mission I get an error message that windows has had to close the game when I use the ammo crate, i tried it once with the 6th sense mod and didn't get the error so I'm not quite sure what's going on at the moment, obviously a conflict somewhere.... :rolleyes:

This is the same error message I had last night on a different mission so it must be related to something already in the missions.

Edited by Zebb~SPARTA~

...Just tried it with the new extensions but on the "pilot rescue" mission I get an error message that windows has had to close the game when I use the ammo crate, i tried it once with the 6th sense mod and didn't get the error so I'm not quite sure what's going on at the moment, obviously a conflict somewhere.... :rolleyes:

This is the same error message I had last night on a different mission so it must be related to something already in the missions....

Yea Zebb so far it appears the existing mission set is not going to be compatible. That's a temporary set back as there is a large community working on generating new missions and converting old ones plus Battle Center provides an environment to work/fight within.

This mod will be immediately ported to ArmA-2 upon it's release.

I'll catch up with you soon to discuss.

I think Zebb's error is due to the fact that he was using the ACE mod client side, while the server was not. Somewhere in the ACE forums, the devs say that ACE is not intended to be a client side only mod, and that it needs to run on a server that is also running the same version of ACE.

Direct quote from one of the Developers

ACE was developed only for use in a uniform MP environment - ie client and server both MUST have ACE installed, and all pbo's should be of the same version. Otherwise the behaviour is unpredictable and might well cause a huge flow of errors and general instability/crashes. It is highly inadvisable to either connect with ACE to non-ACE servers or connect to ACE servers without ACE activated.

So it looks like if your going to be playing on Server 2, you're going to need to use another set of mods

Yes new missions will be put up ASAP.

I'll get with you soon.

The ACE maps that are on the server now will, at the very least, run a Domination environment so there are battles to fight up now.

I'm dealing with a h/w failure right now and hope to have it sorted out asap.

Apologies if this is a daft question but do I need to get this Mod (and the other dependencies) now if I wish to join Server 2 or is it not yet in place server side? I saw there were quite a few in last night but decided to go Crouch 'n' Gunning on WaW instead as wasn't sure of the requirements.

EXCELLENT WORK GUYS! Looks like a very nice expansion pack to me.

I will download it asap.

sorry I havn't been on much, but my house has been a zoo... and my computer

was in constant use... <_<

I finally laid out a set of rules that made 2 time-slots restricted to my use only...

Unfortunately, the responsibilities of guests in the house made it hard to spend any significant time on-line

almost impossible.

One of the daughters has left... so I will see you guys soon :thanks1:

PS. I did a Hardware upgrade early one morning, I am anxious to see how it does under game load.

Per X-Wind, Server two is set up to run a Stock 1.15 Beta server with select missions. Server 4 is currently a 1.14 (no beta with the mods running from post #5 in this thread. There will be a direct link at the bottom of this post if anyone needs it.

My suggestion is to create two new shortcuts and change them accordingly.

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/ind...ost&p=24370

X-Wind has, as far as I know, done all of the leg work getting this up and running. I am sure if there is anyone else who needs adequate back patting, he will address them accordingly. If there are... WELL DONE!

I played on the ACE server last night with X-W and we had a blast. But of course he said that he was playing like crap and he normally doesnt play that bad. My only thought was that he was dumbing himself down so I wouldnt feel so bad at sucking. What are Spartan friends for eh?