Spartans Home

aNTI vIRUS

DrNo~SPARTA~

Hi Guys. ive been struggling with antivirus choices. I was running Trend micro AV 2009, but its kind of a hog and has ticked me off at work. I tried to run Bitdefender 2009 on my home computer now and it just dosnt work on this thing with Vista ultimate and im forced to put trendmicro back on. What is out there that dosnt require alot of processor time and works with vista. ..... mayby a dumb question lol. Thanks all. DrNo

I use Norton Internet Security and have for 7+ years with no issues. I found the new Norton to be more user friendly for a nonexpert, but an expert may find it too dumbed down withnot enough easily findable custom control features.

Same here 'NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2008'

Since 2004 no problems regular updates, never subscribe, bought in STORE & uninstall & reinstall every year when license runs out because it's cheaper by 50% than upgrading.

:)

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Nether, looks like Bit Defender won for 2009, Norton is last again this year. But if anybody would like norton the can have my activation, think its got about 6months left on it.

Also was so impressed withthe performance on NOD32, I rolled it out to all customers servers and workstations. Thing that sold me was, I ran NAV for years, scanned drive and network drives with it. All came back saying ok. Tried nod32 it found loads of Viruses in, zip files. Mainly the stuff from Newgroups if you know what I mean.

I have run McAffee for about 10 years now without problems.

If you have comcast internet available, the entire security suite is free. The rates are still $49 per month for 12 meg connection. The suite contains virus scan, firewall, privacy, system backup and an internet access control for children.

As Dai-san pointed out, it does however consume alot of pc power.