Spartans Home

Mission Complete - great work

NoScream~SPARTA~

I thought we too quick to enter the village when it still wasn't secure and we could have sat back and surrounded it picking off targets instead of going in and getting capped, and once we turned to go up the ridge and along the top bases people kept running off ahead and not covering the flanks instead of organising fire teams and letting the snipers secure the areas before moving in to clear them.

We need to let the snipers do their job, clear what they can see, report back any intel for the troops moving up and then provide over watch while its being cleared, if you have to withdraw then the snipers can pick of any targets coming out to engage you and report when it looks clear.

Everyone seems yo be in an arse tearing hurry to get to where the enemy are, only to get killed by them.

I know, I sound like a broken record, I apologise.

Firstly, I agree, it was too fast, moving up without proper cover, one life is what I would like too

or 2 lives (1 revive) end of. I was showing some hospitality to Manday, he hasn't played for along

time & was setting up his reinstall, I think if we made the mission one life things would be different &

that could be something for the regular weekly match concept.

Needless to say, next time, we will play a NO RESPAWN map & first one dead makes coffee.....

:allgood:

I thought we too quick to enter the village when it still wasn't secure and we could have sat back and surrounded it picking off targets instead of going in and getting capped, and once we turned to go up the ridge and along the top bases people kept running off ahead and not covering the flanks instead of organising fire teams and letting the snipers secure the areas before moving in to clear them.

We need to let the snipers do their job, clear what they can see, report back any intel for the troops moving up and then provide over watch while its being cleared, if you have to withdraw then the snipers can pick of any targets coming out to engage you and report when it looks clear.

Everyone seems yo be in an arse tearing hurry to get to where the enemy are, only to get killed by them.

I know, I sound like a broken record, I apologise.

I agree.

On a seperate note I discovered the Mk12 is inconsistent at longer ranges, I hate banging off rounds, too high, correct, too low, correct, too high etc etc..... If I did this mission again and if the M107 were unavailable I would take the M24 which will do a decent job, the problem is you can then only carry half the rounds of the M107.

It was good to finish a mission even though we used 49 lives to do so.

At least we have started doing AAR's (After Action Reports, or debriefs) now which is a step in the right direction. ;)

I accepted that Manday was probably fairly new when he jumped in but we need to allocate a squad member to any new guys we allow on the server with us in a mission so that they can stick with them like glue tell them where to go and what to do, I've already made my points in my PM Viiiper so no point repeating them here.

As for the sniper gear Zeno I agree that the M12 although it has what seems a good zoom range has lousy clout when it comes to taking down targets at long range, the M107 is the gold standard and the M24 is still a decent piece of kit as long as you know your ranges and how effective it is at the longer targets.

What I would suggest is that the snipers should work in teams, picking off targets given by the assault teams if they see any and reporting back any intel the assault teams need to know, no-one should move into a position without checking first from the snipers who should be on over watch on positions (not necessarily together) looking over any area that we have decided to assault.

This may mean that you will have to hang fire while the snipers move into positions, and take on board any intel they report back and adjust your plan accordingly before you move off to begin the assault.

Once the attack moves into the close quarter stage snipers can help with enemy targets that may be trying to flank you or have you pinned down but their effectiveness is reduced so if you find yourselves in a fire fight and it appears that you are n longer in control pull back to a pre-arranged RV, let the snipers know so that they can cover your withdrawal and let them pick off any targets that try to follow you before returning once the situation appears back under control, there is no point pushing home an attack when you don't have the tactical advantage you will lose people, if not your whole squad.

Just a quick point on that issue, don't rely on the snipers to revive people, because generally they will be too far away and to move in close with only a pistol when the environment is obviously hostile will usually just end in the whole team getting wiped out.

The snipers (as should everyone) should prioritise their targets, don't just fire at the easiest one you see, take a good look and see which ones pose the biggest threat to the squad.

Those enemy troops active and moving towards our teams must be taken out before picking off inactive guys standing about, but be prepared to switch quickly to cover those that will become active once the shooting starts., when it all appears quiet then look for snipers,static guns, officers if you get a chance to pick these off and it's safe to do so then take them out.

As for the ammo question Zeno, the only way around that is to provide a supply chain by loading up a HV with ammo and kit (even other weapons) so that if you have to dump your M24 and move in close at least you can pick up an M4 ets.

Then once you have a safe area to your rear you can move the HV up to a protected location and co-ordinate a rearming with the second sniper, don't leave it until you have run out but prepare your firing position, in fact you could take ammo drop it on the floor next to you (near where you are going to set-up) and as long as it doesn't disappear then just roll over to it, rearm and then move back, all of this takes some time but as long as you haven't been seen it's not a problem.

We have to get used to organising more before we start the assault which may mean moving into positions and then waiting until we are all ready.

Rounds Complete. :thanks:

Start was my fault. Thought you guys handled it well after I came in charging with my Hummer lol. Was my fault for not asking for a sitrep before heading towards you. I thought you were way up there and needed the hummer to catch up. Turns out you just started and the enemy was within walking distance :rolleyes: . So when the lead flew, it went active. My slop you guys had to clean up. That's why I had to see the mission all the way through. Karma did get me back in the form of Zeno though lol.

Edited by Seven

I blame you all ;)

Seriously, this is not personal, just std, debrief shit.... we all moan and bitch. I did it with the wrong

gun, the G36 was poor on that mission & I chose it. We all need to learn weapons, we all can't be snipers

and if one person is always a sniper, what happens to the group when they are missing.

We shall do that mission again, but this time on the missions minimum lives '0' or '1' I want to prove a point !

1. There are plenty of bullets in all guns

2. Sniper working too close to the contact point. Sniper down.

3. bring your own supplies in hummer. You can't rely on any soldier but yourself to do that.

4. Make every shot count, learn your weapon.

I'd like to add

5. The G36 at +250 is getting bad

6.We will play the first entry point over, (cos we will all be dead by 15 min marker)

7. Good luck

9.p.s. We will have a briefing of tactical before & the mission pauses when late joiners come, so they can be filled in.

10. more good luck.....

note....

comms was better, less chat crap, direction giving is still loose... but overall, this might work out

very good. The lives thing will make or break tactical.

I'd like to add..

We have to get used to organising more before we start the assault which may mean moving into positions and then waiting until we are all ready.

100%

This was unscheduled, if you like tonight after the GRNet event winds down we can see if anyone is up for a mission.

I have since found out there are 2 crates and 2 m107's, we will need to load the hmmvs with alternates since with ammo is limited.