Spartans Home

Interesting storie

I think it was in 2003 I was on the night shift at Orlando international airport, When a excited manager came in the shop yelling that the Customs computers were down at Customs on airside 1. And to go with him to the buss garage, we grabbed any buss that would run and fueled them up. It seems that a Virgin atlantic 747 fiight had landed with 400 passengers from the U.K. They could not be processed into the country due to the airside customs computers were down. Mean wile anouther flight, British airways landed, and then the second Virgin landed. There was no where to put them so Customs made about 1,500 passengers stand out side in the hot sun in the summer time for 4 hours. We mobleised into a armarda of busses about 1 mile long and we staged at airside 1. We had to transport all the passengers from airside1 to airside 4 to get processed in to the country. We then had to transport 1500 back to airside 1 to get there luggage and then they could be on there way. We started transporting at about 6:00 pm and dident get done untill the last load at past 11:00 pm. Wow what a cluster. I remember vividly the first load of passengers to load on the buss i was driveing about turned the buss over wile boarding. They were standing in the isles of the buss and I couldent see the doors, so I called out ok, Clear the doors becouse they are closeing now. Sure enough got one caught in the door. So got the doors cleared and off we went. What a deal. And supriseing enough. even all those folks were standing in the HOT florida sun, and some were ready to pass out. they still were really pleasent. Some werent, but you can't blame them. Well the airport got the blame for the screw up but it was customs that did it.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~