Spartans Home

Been a Day or Two

Postal

Well, I have not been on there in a log time. I guess when I saw there was 3939 new posts for me to go through that was an indication that I needed to drop by more often. My fears were right. I cannot play any games online and I bought this expensive laptop so I could play games. The only games that I have played are Kane & Lynch and a little COD4 single player. How depressing is that. Oh wait, I am too busy to even think about it.

First of all, I really want to thank Halli and Dr No for posting on the blog and letting me know they read it. That really brightened my spirits today. A lot has happened since I last talked to anyone. I have now been here almost 4 months and out of contact almost that long. I did not realize how long it had been until you guys posted on the blog.

I do not know where to begin on the changes that have taken place. As you know from the blog I have lost some weight and I am now in shape according to the Army.

I have been "outside the wire" once and Mon or Tues will be the second time. They called it the "Lucky Seven" although I am not sure how lucky it is. Only 7% of the people on Bagram Airbase get off the base. I am now in the that group. I was pretty excited. The trip to Kabul is very safe for the most part. There is quite a bit this on the blog.

Today I met Sevendust in person and had a picture taken with them. I was on KP (most of you know what it is and it SUCKS) so I was not able to go to the concert tonight and I was pretty upset. Sevendust was giving me a hard time about it tonight when I was on break and able to meet them. Everyone that comes to theater (except Roger Goodell) come to our office and has a small meet and greet with us. This happens because the guys who put this stuff together or in my office.

I am taking the ex wife back to court and spending all my money on that so I can see my little girl more when I am home. She stopped talking to me when I got here, no surprise there. I gave up and started talking to a girl that I met before I left and I think I am getting engaged when I am on R&R in Oct. She has really turned my life around and it making all this a lot easier.

I am finally pursuing that Bachelors degree I always wanted to get. I am over have way there. It is going to be in Networking with a concentration in Homeland Security. I am taking two classes right now and it is taking what little time I get to my self. It is a challenge, but I am doing perfect up to this point and actually working ahead in one class.

Most of you know my brother is in Iraq and is having a hard time at times. He is a medic assigned to a hospital and his main duty is pulling casualties from vehicles and helicopters and taking them inside. They do not always make it and it is hard on him.

I want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers. It really means a lot to me right now. I am going through a tough time right now with not talking to the ex wife and trying to focus on the new girl in my life. Oh, and I am paying her divorce so we can be together. that is another long story but the short is that I really and truly broke her heart before I left and she married the first guy she dated and HATES him. Hell, she will not even sleep in the same room as him and she might move into my parents for a few day next week until she finds somewhere else to stay until I get home. My parents really like her and talk to her more than me. That is mainly because I rarely call home. I know, bad son.

I am receiving a lot of support from everyone and I am truly thankful. I wish I could tell you it is easy being here, but it is one of the hardest things for me right now. I have not seen my little girl in 4 months and the ex will not send pix. I have to rely on my family for that.

My brother is not having it that easy either. His wife is moving back the Czech in Jan, when he gets home. She is not happy here and wants to go home after all the money my brother spent getting her here.

I guess this enough for me. I will be a NOOB when I get home and have to rebuild everything and learn all new games I am sure, but I will be back. What is the membership up to for each game you guys play? Really wondering that.

I know that this will be lame, but I am posting the same thing in the other place I do not have to type all this again. Thank you again and God bless you all!!

SGT John Strader

CJTF-101, CJ1

Bagram, Afghanistan

Awards Clerk

jlstrader@gmail.com

Edited by Postal

Man oh man, you aren't missing anything new around here brother. But, we sure are missing you. I hope everything goes well with the ex and all. And if you need me too, I will make a trip, meet up with Halli and we can go do a little wall-to-wall counseling with her, if needs be. All you need to do is ask. ;)

Here's to you and your brother. :cheers: I know it is hard over there. God, how I know. But it will be over before you know it, and just remember that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

We are here for you, and don't make me have to re-enlist to come over and save your ass. You shoot those fuckers if you have to. Don't think, just frakkin do it.

Beyond that, get a nice tan, and make sure your people are safe. You can only do what you can do, unless they need help in the kitchen, motor pool, or filling sand-bags, then you're a genius and they need you. When you're in you're a guest, when you're out, you're a pest.

I am looking forward to you coming back bro. Stay safe.

Clint

Miss ya man, I really look forward to reading your blogs and seeing the pictures, thankyou for including us in your experiances. No matter what, all your buds are with you every second of everyday and every night. Not too many changes, same basic games as when you deployed with the addition of a car game called GRID and some are trying out arma and a few other older games again. I think were all looking for the quniticential game to come out and there are a few possibilities on the horizon. Tell Jeremy hi and that we wish him the best as well. Take care and a round for you your brother and all the brave people you serve with.

:cheers: :United_States: :cheers: :Canada: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Really good to hear from you mate and I have been checking the blog. Keep on lookin after yourself and we look forward to you getting back Stateside.

Stay safe John & your brother too,

Hope your tour ends by February 2009, it's a long time to be away from home, family & friends. R&R is never long enough to do your laundry ;) Seriously tho, we are thinking of you, especially with all the developments in the world regarding that part of the world.

best wishes

john

viii

p.s. How long is your tour, or is it one that is open ended ?

Hey man, really good to hear from you! Stay strong and keep your mind in the right place, because that's all ya got over there! Many of us have been reading your blog much more than you think and we wish you the best. Leave the shit at home to work itself out.

I can defenately feel your brother's pain and also understand his wife's pain as well. It's hard coming to East TN from Europe. Like I said, stay focused and it'll work itself out. And you're gonna wanna have the least ammount of drama when you get home, as I'm sure you're well aware of. ;)

It sounds crazy, but you ARE part of the "lucky 7." Nothing more stressful not being able to stretch your legs a bit. Good luck buddy and your'e doing a great job. We all look foward to seeing you back and you'll be happy to see us playing some really awesome games in the near future.

Thanks again guys.

My tour is 15 months. It is supposed to end in Jun 09. Then......it is off to Iraq in Oct 10. I love the Army. Too bad I did not join the Air Force where it is 6 months.

I forgot to tell you we ate lunch with a guy in the French Army the other day. We happened to all sit down at the same time. It was a blast trying to talk and figure out what each was saying. We figured out it was easier to communicate in Spanish because we knew more Spanish than French and he knew more Spanish than English.

anyone a link to the blog? I like to read stories from Irak and Afghanistan....

Keep going Postal, know there are people over here too admiring you for the tough job you do.... It's easy watching the telly reading, but being there under fire is totally different.

Sometimes the adveturous me wishes I had joinet the Army, but then my ratio kicks in and tells me just to watch the Unit, or read a book of Crhis Ryan....

Hello Postal!! :United_States:

Really good to hear from you again.

First, I must apologize for not posting regarding your blog... I am terrible at posting, as our SPARTA brothers can confirm.

On July 4th, (I think your brother wrote it) the post "are you ready" was very moving to me.

He is right. it does happen, every day in many different ways. It is important to be at peace.

I really like your Gandpa's statement about making sure your not on the plane when it's the pilot's time to go. It is correct in so many ways.

I think it's fantastic your finally getting to pursue that Bachelor's Degree you have always wanted. We had discussed that several times before you were deployed. I think the degree you have chosen is excellent. We need a lot of people with that specialty right now... and in the future.

Having Freedom for support when you get home is going to be a big help with everything, I am glad you have found

that "soul mate". It really is something that can't be explained, it can only be felt and it is profound when it happens. Somehow our souls merge together into one when we find that special one. It sounds like Freedom is yours.

You might remember that my wife's family is in Morristown & Johnson City TN.

Perhaps we could get together sometime with Durka (and anyone else of course) to have a beer together :drinks:

I usually get down there once or twice a year at the moment. When you get back we will see what we can arrange.

Zath