Spartans Home

What Europeans Think of Each Other

Very funny but very wrong as we are the best chefs in Europe (in other words the world)

We do not hate other Europeans because we aren't European we are better than them

Denmark is cool because of the bacon

Holland is cool because it just is

ROFLMAO

Best chefs, you mean in the cooking way? Rolfmao, we have 3 chefs that do television shows too, that are mor fun than Gordon Ramsey and the guy with that split between his front teeth, I can't recal (Jamie Oliver) his name....lol

Ah well Every country has its charms, I like the Full English Breakfast, and the meat loafs they serve in Cornwall near the Tin mines (heavy on Salt, with a good pint of proper Beer)

In France I like the croissants, and in Sweden I like the Girls, In Italy I like the Olives.... And in Belgium I like to make jokes about Belgians, And the German Beer is superior to all things on earth...

Best chefs, you mean in the cooking way? Rolfmao, we have 3 chefs that do television shows too, that are mor fun than Gordon Ramsey and the guy with that split between his front teeth, I can't recal (Jamie Oliver) his name....lol

Ah well Every country has its charms, I like the Full English Breakfast, and the meat loafs they serve in Cornwall near the Tin mines (heavy on Salt, with a good pint of proper Beer)

In France I like the croissants, and in Sweden I like the Girls, In Italy I like the Olives.... And in Belgium I like to make jokes about Belgians, And the German Beer is superior to all things on earth...

About that in bold, it's ok, you're Dutch: enough said :-) - About the Underlined text, Are you sure you've been to Belgium? We have over 650 different kinds of beer, and you only by the taste of a few already -properly (;-))- you'll revise your statement, I'm sure.

Yep, I'm Belgian, but part of my heart still lies in Brazil.

As for the article:

-The French: wouldn't call them arrogant but "chauvinistic" (if that word exists in English :P). What you have with the French too is that they will refuse to talk another language than French. Not that bad if you think about it, EXCEPT that they do the same in YOUR country ! (Actually, Belgium has 3 official languages, so everyone speaks French as well. But I can imagine in Holland that things may be more complicated ...)

-The Italians: nothing I could confirm of what is stated in the article. Only thing I hated most about Italy (from my few visits) were EVERY SINGLE PIZZA TASTED LIKE CRAP (in my humble opinion)

-The Germans: NO European (educated that is) would EVER mention WWII in a teasing/mocking way towards a German.

In general, Europeans would never cheer for Germany in a World Cup ... Reasons only Europeans know ;-)

I personally find Germans extremely funny and strangly enough a lot indeed lack some humor.

- The Scandinavians: Can't really confirm/deny anything here. I work for a major Danish company and they're "too correct" if you know what I mean.

- The Elite Belgians: Title says enough :-) ... One thing I would like to say: We love to joke (in a friendly manner) with the Dutch and there has been and always will be a sort of competition in about everything you can imagine. Though (and I believe this goes both ways) we'll always cheer for eachother in competitions when one or the other is out of that competition.

Can see the list goes on, but no time here to finish my side today. So maybe already too boring, but that's it for today !

BELGIUM !!!

No we actually roast babies better crisped up.

When I said best chefs I didn't mean the TV variety altho it is pretty impressive that G Ramsey is being told by Australians he swears too much lol.

HAHA, Well we all need to remember... if we didn't have something to bitch about... we would find something in record time... usually within minutes. Humans have to be able to bitch about something or we explode... and its a mess. :thumbsup: :cheers:

OH.. and on the Belgians, I really do miss all those pastry shops and cafe's. Walking the streets of Brussels can be alot of fun as it is full of shops. Those sidewalk cafe's also had great frittes. Good thing I wasnt there very long... too much good food. I would have had to buy tickets for 2 seats on the airplane when I went home.

On the Belgians buying our beloved Budweiser... if they start selling a brand called "Primus", try some as it is very good. A small Belgian Brewery in the Congo makes it. I think it is made elsewhere also. I know people who brought cases of it to bring back to the US. :cheers: and yes it is that good.

Did I mention that Primus only comes in quart bottles? yum :banana:

Now that we are talking about Belgium.

You all know "french fries" doesn't really exist right? ("french") fries initially come from BELGIUM.

Also, the very first snipers are Belgians too!

History, history ... so many mistakes. But the above, everyone should know by heart.

About that in bold, it's ok, you're Dutch: enough said :-) - About the Underlined text, Are you sure you've been to Belgium? We have over 650 different kinds of beer, and you only by the taste of a few already -properly (;-))- you'll revise your statement, I'm sure.

Yep, I'm Belgian, but part of my heart still lies in Brazil.

As for the article:

-The French: wouldn't call them arrogant but "chauvinistic" (if that word exists in English :P). What you have with the French too is that they will refuse to talk another language than French. Not that bad if you think about it, EXCEPT that they do the same in YOUR country ! (Actually, Belgium has 3 official languages, so everyone speaks French as well. But I can imagine in Holland that things may be more complicated ...)

-The Italians: nothing I could confirm of what is stated in the article. Only thing I hated most about Italy (from my few visits) were EVERY SINGLE PIZZA TASTED LIKE CRAP (in my humble opinion)

-The Germans: NO European (educated that is) would EVER mention WWII in a teasing/mocking way towards a German.

In general, Europeans would never cheer for Germany in a World Cup ... Reasons only Europeans know ;-)

I personally find Germans extremely funny and strangly enough a lot indeed lack some humor.

- The Scandinavians: Can't really confirm/deny anything here. I work for a major Danish company and they're "too correct" if you know what I mean.

- The Elite Belgians: Title says enough :-) ... One thing I would like to say: We love to joke (in a friendly manner) with the Dutch and there has been and always will be a sort of competition in about everything you can imagine. Though (and I believe this goes both ways) we'll always cheer for eachother in competitions when one or the other is out of that competition.

Can see the list goes on, but no time here to finish my side today. So maybe already too boring, but that's it for today !

BELGIUM !!!

As far as I know Belgium is ready to fall apart, and then there will only be 300 beers per part left....

No I like Bavarian beer over anything, the Rheinheitsgebot makes the beer proper to drink, not too heavy (like many Belgian Monastery beers, and not giving a headake like Jupiler. I've been to Belgium a couple of times, and I like the Bourgondic way of living, and during Autumn I like a Belgian beer too. But my second homeland is Bavaria (were my grandmother came from) Outside Europe I'd like to visit my other familys roots in South Afrika and Indonesia, but taht will come when I have my buss pass....lol

The only decent beer's English beer. Everything else is second best. And Bud..... well that's just piss in a bottle! :P

Yeah, its warm in the hand, has a undefinable layr of chemical foam on it and when you take a sip you taste something bitter that tastes somewhat familiar, like something you tried at the age of 4....lol

Nope, give me my Weizenbier

IPB Image

Don't blame me for getting thirsty...lol

Yeah, its warm in the hand, has a undefinable layr of chemical foam on it and when you take a sip you taste something bitter that tastes somewhat familiar, like something you tried at the age of 4....lol

Nope, give me my Weizenbier

IPB Image

Don't blame me for getting thirsty...lol

Next time you get over here look me up and I'll treat you to some real English ale, without a chemical additive in sight. Then you'll know what a decent beer tastes like......