Spartans Home

H.A.W.X -Tom Clancy's - 16th September 2008

NoScream~SPARTA~

I'd love the X52 but the throttle section is geared only to right handed users

(throttle in left hand), it's a shame they can't make the throttle swing around

to accommodate both.

MS flight sim. is a real sim, I personally feel HAWX will not be a sim. Ubisoft

have stated that in writing. I'm looking for a fun flight game, intense and with

flight sim features, I do hope they don't go all too Arcade.

Flight sims have a tendency to be 5% action and 95% boredom, that's there

problem too simulated for what is in reality a game. Arcade flight games

are just too arcade, no sim element or very poor. No one brings a semi sim that

encompasses all the best of both, I hope HAWX hits the mark. Blue Angels was ok

but again a Ubisoft Arcade flight game, very little sim if any.

If the Ghost tie in can bring excitement to flight games then all well & good, but

they have a big hill to climb. With their release date of September and a demo due,

we won't have too long to judge it.

The key will be the multiplayer aspect, many games miss the magic in multiplayer,

I'm optimistic but if you are not then the future looks bleak, we live in hope. AS I

do for a universal all singing pro Joystick.

john

Ok I just posted and carried on with my joystick hunt, there has to be something

for me, A left handed (ambidextrous) pro joysick with features to make Saitek X52

users cream.......

A contender? I'm not convinced but it's a start

The MetalStrike 3D (left) and the Wireless MetalStrike joysticks.

IPB Image

The MetalStrike FF (left) and MetalStrike Pro joysticks.

IPB Image

PC peripheral company Genius launched four new joysticks, including a wireless model, at CES 2008 this week.

Genius introduced its MetalStrike series at the conference, which includes four different joysticks. The Wireless MetalStrike is a 2.4G PC controller that features the typical 4-axis scheme that's designed for flight simulators http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_simulator . The Wireless MetalStrike also comes with a Turbo function and 13 programmable buttons, as well as an 8-way "point-of-view" hat for adjustable handle positions. The MetalStrike 3D joystick http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joystick has the same features as the wireless model but without wireless capability.

The MetalStrike Pro joystick comes with a vibration feedback feature as well as an air adjustment controller that allows gamers to choose three different levels of air control to keep the joystick cool and also simulate the effect of flying. The MetalStrike FF, meanwhile, comes with the air adjustment controller as well as a force feedback function.

IPB Image

Viiper I'll be more than happy to send you my Cyborg FF to take for a spin.

I don't know the shipping costs between us but if you'd like to give it a go I'll do all I can to make it happen.

Just let me know and I'll get it moving toward ya soonest.

X

Cyborg Link

(edit to add link)

Edited by X-Wind~SPARTA~

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Lack of time doesn't allow me to go online after business hours and have diagonally read this thread.

I have (2 now) X-45 (Saitek), took my old one back from my little trip in Brazil. I just love it. Main reason for not buying a X-52 (Pro) is -besides the ridiculous expensive price- is that the RUDDER can't be operated anymore from the tnrottle (which IS possible on the X-45). Even today, you can still buy -in excellent condition- 2nd hand ones for around US$ 30-40 which is a reasonable price.

HAWX, I believe I said it before somewhere: definitely arcade if you ask me.

the BEST flight sim (action and realism) is still IL2 (1946), but it is for those who enjoy WWII planes (95 % prop-fighters).