Spartans Home

H.A.W.X -Tom Clancy's - 16th September 2008

NoScream~SPARTA~

PC - X360 PS3

A flight sim like no other ? using real time photo realistic topography in 3D

Developed by Ubisoft's Bucharest Studio, HAWX lets you pilot more than 50 planes in dogfights across the sky. Set in 2012, HAWX imagines a world that has become increasingly dependant on private military companies (PMCs). With PMCs increasingly gaining power, we sit on the precipice of a global conflict. Sounds like a good enough reason to hop in your fighter jet and shoot down some bogies.

into the Danger Zone

In game play - demo

http://hawxgame.uk.ubi.com/?__utma=1.42991..._utmk=111019781

Features

http://hawxgame.uk.ubi.com/features.php

ENHANCED REALITY SYSTEM (E.R.S.)

E.R.S. is in-game technology that helps turn novice aviators into elite pilots of the future. The Enhanced Reality System is the core of the HAWX flight experience: aircraft interception trajectories, incoming missile detection, anti-crash system, damage assessment, tactical map, and weapons trajectory control. E.R.S. also allows players to issue orders to their squadron and other units, making this system as iconic to HAWX as the Cross-Com system is to Tom Clancy?s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter®!

ASSISTANCE MODE

Players can ease into their flight missions and gain a level of comfort with the use of the assistance mode. Once employed, players can take full advantage of their technological support through the E.R.S and gain maximum piloting security. If the situation calls for the player to unleash the full potential of the aircraft, the assistance mode can be switched off and all safety features will be deactivated. This comes with increased risks, but allows the player advanced dogfighting maneuvers and stunning third-person views

REVOLUTIONARY MULTIPLAYER

For the first time ever in the air-combat genre, players will be able to experience the entire solo campaign with seamless JUMP IN/JUMP OUT functionality. In PVP mode, players can challenge each other in intense dog-fighting sessions and find out who's the top gun. Winning players are rewarded with experience points and money to unlock more weapons.

REALISM AND TECHNOLOGY

Players have the opportunity to take the throttle of over 50 famous aircrafts, and take them over real world locations & cities in photo-realistic environments created with the best commercial satellite data on the civilian market.

Release date confirmed in this video back end.

v

It comes in two installs, OLD Foggies DX9 & FULL ON DX10. I'm not much a flight sim geek, liking things like

Comanche series was my limit, probably because all airplane sims were crap, except for IL2.

But I have to say, WATCHING THE VIDEOS (yes plz watch the videos) you can instantly see this is a Air sim with a difference. That being more active, complex, exciting. Reminding me of my youth with two old favorites, battlezone & missile command the hectic & vector over lay. The 1st person in cockpit is sweet and if they capture the punch that is missing in every flight game then they might have a fun FPS Flight game.

This is another game with potential to give a new twist on the general diet of FPS & RACE games.

Ingame screen grabs - click to expand

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

Sex in the skies

viii

On the HAWX forum

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3...46/m/3071096766

Devs answer questions.

Is H.A.W.X a simulator or an arcade?

H.A.W.X is a good mix between simulation and arcade gameplay. We use a fully realistic physics engine that is tuned in a way that allows every player to be able to enjoy it. The focus is being put on the gameplay depth, not on the gameplay complexity. Even if, at a first glance, our game offers a very accessible piloting experience, we also managed to keep the experience very authentic, with a huge room for skills improvement over the time.

In other words, the philosophy behind the game could be summarized this way: H.A.W.X does not aim to simulate reality, but to build on it and provide an experience that feels accurate, while allowing everybody to perform complex, fun and rewarding maneuvers.

So everybody will have the same weapons - how you use them is another matter...

What are the available view options for the game? I would really like to play from a cockpit perspective. ?

You will have a specific realistic cockpit view for each of the more than 50 aircrafts featured in the game.

The view options are dependant on what Assistance mode you are in.

When using ?assistance ON?, you can access 3rd person camera with 360 degree controls, cockpit view, and 1st person camera.

When using ?assistance OFF? you have access to the special dogfight camera.

We are currently working on the cockpit view, which explains why we cannot show it to you right now.

Other general cameras includes: Weapon camera, replay camera, and cinematic camera.

Is there a limited amount of ammo?

YES

Is the story behind H.A.W.X fictional or there will be real settings?

H.A.W.X takes place in the Tom Clancy universe; therefore you will pilot real planes, over real world locations.

All planes are strictly based on the real models in collaboration with each manufacturer and all missions? environments have been created using the exact satellite data from the original locations, in order to make the experience as authentic as possible.

The story takes place in the near future, between 2014 & 2019, with a scenario based on risks that are already anticipated by national agencies, news sources and military experts.

READ More....

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/3981007546

viii

Cockpit View ?

Here in Paris Ubisoft was demonstrating one particular level from Tom Clancy's HAWX and as the developers readily admit, not one which is currently showing all aspects of the game. One notable absence was cockpit views but we're promised detailed cockpits for the finished game.

http://xbox.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/ar...ew.php?id=16101

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

viii

What you talkin about willis ? You Dogface & Me to contend with , I use to fly (so did cobol)

Comanche series & dog fight games are our only use for Joysticks ! dam NEW JOYSTICK VICAR !

YOU JOYSTICK RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE Gentlemen ?

Help me out with Joystick recommendations......

I went on a joystick search last year and was pretty disappointed in the choices available. I had a MS FF stick from the old days and needed a new one.

The short story is I'm currently using a X52 Pro Flight system along with the associated rudder pedals. It has just about everything....except for force feedback. Saitek X52 Pro Link Rudder Pedals Link

I also bought a Cyborg Evo FF stick because I was determined to have force feedback. Cyborg Link

I tried them both and currently only use the X52 Pro/Rudders as they give the best performance. The immersion factor is much higher, IMHO, with the X52 even though it still p*sses me off that they can't make a top end stick with force feedback.

For what it's worth...

I ruled the X52 out for 2 reasons, firstly NO Force Feedback (lame) for the price it should be gold plated

and secondly because I'm left handed and the throttle aux stick is right handed only.

I did think about buying one and chopping the Throttle stick and rotating but, why should I, no FF

sealed it for me, It's out.

I want an ambidextrous Force feedback stick, Cobol had an X52 and the throttle part was more gimmick

than function, a good stick with twist rudder will do me.

Just for the moment the Saitek seems to be the only FF stick available......

I don't need to fly a sim were you have like 20 sidewinders on one plane.... ralism my ... (sorry)

I tried combat flight sim, was too difficult for me, so a bit more arcade aint a problem, but this isn't my deal, and I will not buy UBI again (exept for a good game by grin, because I still like them for what they tried to archieve)

To me the game looks too arcadish so i may be sitting this one over untill someone from the group has bought it and tested it and i agree with u Forrester. It´s just to fast paced to be real. U don´t launch sidewinders left and right in the real world.

I Use the Microsoft Sidewinder2 joystick. Its good quality and the base is really heavy to make it more stable. Dunno if u can get it anymore though.

I bought a Saitek X-45 for about $40.00 on E-bay, it was barely used and still in the original packaging.

It looks almost the same as the X-52 without the LCD screen.

It can be setup for about any aircraft & has adjustments for just about everything including trim settings.

I ruled the X52 out for 2 reasons, firstly NO Force Feedback (lame) for the price it should be gold plated

and secondly because I'm left handed and the throttle aux stick is right handed only.

I did think about buying one and chopping the Throttle stick and rotating but, why should I, no FF

sealed it for me, It's out.

I want an ambidextrous Force feedback stick, Cobol had an X52 and the throttle part was more gimmick

than function, a good stick with twist rudder will do me.

Just for the moment the Saitek seems to be the only FF stick available......

You asked for joystick input and that's all I was trying to provide. I know the choices suck.

To me there's no excuse for the X-52 to come without force feedback....but it does.

If you're not 'flying' a lot then a Saitek Cyborg may satisfy your needs. I would suggest trying one before purchasing if at all possible.

The X-52 throttle section is actually very handy and really shines when trying to finesse a helo in somewhere.

Add foot control with rudder/tail rotor pedals and, again IMHO, the fact that FF is not present becomes less annoying.

But then again I think MS Flight Sim is still the gold standard of true flight simulators so maybe we're talking apples and oranges. I know of no other flight sim that allows for accurate real world/near real time weather conditions and a world full of VOR/ADF transmitters to fascilitate cross country and trans-global navigation along with all the other hyper-reallistic features. To an old school sim pilot, GPS and auto-pilot is simply arcade flying.

Best of luck on the search for the best joystick for your needs.

X