Spartans Home

Faction Warfare For Dummies

MedicSN6

By CCP Flatboy

( SOURCE: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.as...threadID=778488 )

1. Sign up! Find a station owned by the faction you want to fight for. This should be relatively easy if you are in their sovereign space. Once you find a station, click the "Navy Office" station service to get the enlistment screen. Once you have enlisted, move on to step 2.

Pro tip: For maximum security, do this in a solarsystem owned by the faction you are about to sign up for. You don't want the enemy navy to blast you as soon as you undock. (or if you do, please feel free to ignore this tip)

2. Head for the Combat Zone of your choosing. The map is your friend here. "Occupancy" -> "Offensive" -> "My milita" will help you find a system to attack. while "Occupancy" -> "Defensive" -> "My milita" will help you find a system to defend.

3. Find a complex. If there are already active complexes in the system you will see a beacon in space. If not, you have to scan for it. Open the onboard scanner of your ship and scan for cosmic anomalies. If one pops up, warp to it. Once you do, the beacon spawns and everyone in the system can see it.

Pro tip: If finding a complex yourself seems to complicated, just ask about one on the militia channel.

4. Win the complex. Find the capture point and approach it. Kill all enemies that come your way and hold it until the timer ticks out. You will now get a boost in your militia corporation standings and your faction will be awarded victory points in the system.

Note: You cannot see exactly how many victory points your faction has in the system. We will be showing map blobs based on how close you are to winning but those don't seem to have made it on the test server yet.

Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the inflight information panel displays (vulnerable) after "Occupancy: [faction]"

5. Pwn the Control Bunker. The System Control Bunker will now be vulnerable to your faction. The SCB is always located next to the sun in every system in the Combat Zone. Go there with your friends and pummel the SCB until it cries "uncle". (Goes down to structure) When this happens you have won the system! No further complexes will spawn in that system until downtime, when your faction is rewarded occupancy.

Repeat steps 3-5 until your enemy has no systems left, at which point you can point at them and laugh with your best supervillain voice.

Pro tip: Don't forget to laugh at your opponents when you win. It makes them feel appreciated and will drive them to try harder next time.

I AM ADDING TWO OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS:

1. USE A CLONE!!!!

2. INSURE YOUR SHIP!!!!

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Also, other things to know include:

The malitias use a couple of abreviations for different things in chat. Some are as follows.

WT = War target

FC = Fleet Commander

x = need fleet invitation

If there is a fleet commander and he is recruiting for his fleet, then they may use the first letter of the FC. For instance if I were the fleet commander you could type "M" or "x M" to request a fleet invite to Malorek's fleet.

Also, sometimes when there is no FC and people are just gathering up, some people put an X and the system where they are gathering so say they need a fleet invite for the fleet in a certain system because it is not uncommon for there to be multiple fleets forming at the same time.

The caldari fleet, knows as State Protectorate [sTPRO], has a mailing list. It is a private TAB in your EVEMail windows that shows up next to Inbox and Corp. To see this you need to join the mailing list by going into the Channels and Mailing List window and joining the list.

I cannot give this out as it is confidential for STPRO members only. Once you join, you can ask in the Malitia channel for the name.

STPRO also has a new website. www.caldari-state.com

I tried to keep up with the stroyline stuff behind the Malitia Warfare but, while interesting, it is kind of pointless. All in all, it is a giant and somewhat involved game of Capture the Flag. Compare it to COD4 CTF games and put a storyline to each match. Its dumb. Well its the same principle with EVE Factional Warefare. The difference is that EVE 'CTF's' duration is much longer and can utilize a storyline although it is not needed.

Once you get rid of the storyline the whole thing makes sense.

MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO SETUP:

In Settings and Graphics Tab:

1. TURN OFF EFFECTS

2. TURN OFF TURRET EFFECTS

3. TURN OFF PREMIUM CONTENT

These things will reduce lag and allow you to function when lag is the highest.

No worries though, you can turn these back on when you want to go in missions and when you mine. ;)