Spartans Home

LOMAC - Cockpit Helpers

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

Some have said that LOCKON is really really difficult. Once you know what you're doing, just like IL2, it's really not that hard. So, I've taken the time to point out a few of the basics of what you need to know about your cockpit. This should help you out, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I will try to post the basics of weapons as well, but this first....

F-15 Eagle

User posted image

1. Active Radar: This shows you the enemy/friendlies in the area.

2. Engine Fan Speed: This is your throttle. Turn on the engines by pressing page-up. You have to let it "spool" up first before you can do anything, so it may appear it doesn't work, but once the dials start going up, make sure you have your brake (w) on and your throttle set fairly low. After that, it's fairly easy to taxi.

3. Weapon Select: This shows you what weapon you have selected in your inventory, by showing a box around it. If you're unsure of the weapon names, just press F2 and look under your wing. Most of the heaters are smaller ones on the outside. The longer-range missles are in the middle.

User posted image

This is your Heads Up Display (HUD) and gives you much of the info you need. There are 7 different types, all selected by using the numbers on the keyboard. This one is the weapon Bore mode (3) and you can tell by the larger circle in the middle. The regular nav hud (1) will have no circle and will show waypoints on your radar.

1. Lock On Signal - This lights up when you can shoot

2. Heading: Tells your direction

3. Speed: Tells your speed, I think in knots

4. Altitude: How high you are up

5. Weapon Selected: Gives you the name of the weapon you have selected.

User posted image

This is your Nav HUD, and I just wanted to show you this to illustrate how easy it is to land. Just glide right in and use that little circle to show where you'll hit the ground.

User posted image

This is your radar, and here are some of the basics of how to use it.

1. Radar Type: It will change depending on the numbers of the keyboard you press (1-8). This is set to air-to-air at the moment, illustrated by the AIR. "7" will get you Air-to-Ground, and "1" will get you NAV

2. Radar Distance: Shows you the range you have it set at. It can change by pressing the - or + buttons.

You can also change this display by pressing SHIFT I and, depending on what weapon you have selected, it will give you something different. For instance, if you have the IR hellfires selected, pressing SHIFT I will give you a zoomed in TV display. Put your crosshairs on the target, lock on, and it should find the nearest hot target. Fire and forget.

User posted image

The A-10 is pretty much the same, with slight differences. If you can learn one aircraft's cockpit, you can figure out the others fairly simply. Hope this helps guys.

Hi Athlon, if i remember correctly to run Lock On in Vista you have to make sure you are running it as the Administrator and also in XP mode, there is quite a bit mentioned in the usual forums, maybe you can find something to help in there?

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3...06/m/9941060535

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?...;Number=2135501

http://www.virtualblueangels.net/forums/fo...ts.asp?TID=1196

I guess you are just trying to install the vanilla Lock On and not the Flaming Cliffs or Lock On Gold which may have starforce issues as well..