Spartans Home

Connection Issues

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

Hey Durka, good post.

I had overlooked the title earlier, so started typing below.

For connections, the way I was able to host was to remove the router.

Thinking the post was about something else:

IL2 = fly as you go

Lomac: difficult as hell

We'll need some1 that already knows the basics ...

Last time I couldn't even have my throttle go up the same way (F-15) upon take-off .... seemed one of the "rotary buttons" on the joystick handled engine #2 while the throttle only handled engine #1.

I think we should try to find out, and share ofcourse:

- How you bound your keys/joystick(+throttle)

- Start learning TAKE-OFF and LANDING (which seems to be very easy)

- how to read the cockpit (radar, weapons, etc.)

- how you find out if you're being tracked maybe?

- important keybinds you should remember/bind

I'll definitely post whatever I find out.

PS: I have a Saitek X-45 and can share my profile if any1 wants (for IL2 that is then)

I don't know why some of us could join while others couldn't but we can try again and see what happens and maybe work it out.

As for throttle controls etc , I keep all mine as default I use a MS FFB2 stick and the throttle and everything else work fine, you may need to go into your options and make sure that you have all the joystick settings enabled that might be the issue.

To start the engines you only need to press the "page up" button once and then wait for you control gauges to start to rise (at first it appears that nothing is happening) you can then apply your throttle a small amount and using the "W" key for your wheelbrake taxi out to the runway, keep your "W" key held down while your are throttling up and then when you have full afterburners release the wheelbrake and away you go, press "G" as you leave the ground to bring up your landing gear and that's take off.

Once you take off hit your "I" button and the radar will go live, use the "+/-" keys to increase/decrease range.

You can then cycle through your weapons and using the "BVR" keys lock onto a target.

Once we can get everyone on at the same time we can sort out the basics very quickly.