Spartans Home

System for sale

I have my system for sale i am getting a new system.

Up for sale is my system:

Mobo- asus a8r-mvp (crossfire ready)

CPU- athlon dual core 4200+ 2.21GHz

Ram- 2Gb kingston

Gpu- Radeon 1900xtx 512mb (Crossfire ready)

hardrive- hitachi 164gb 7200rpm

Power supply- Thermaltake toughpower 750(crossfire ready or sli ready)

Sound- soundblaster 5.1 surround sound

Drive- Dvd multi recorder Dvd Rw and Cd Rw

Case- my case is missing both sides i can order a new case if buyer wants a new case.

Price 500 or best offer.

I would be willing to part out my machine if someone was interested in a certain part.

If anyone has any questions at send me a personal message or past a reply or feel free to r-mail me at[/i]( gryason@americana.com)[/i] this is my work e-mail.

Thx for looking...

Grayson

Edited by gray~SPARTA~

A couple of questions :)

why are the sides missing?

how are you going to ship it with the sides missing?

For Viiiper, or anyone else who knows, I have heard that the 939's still compare well against the am2, is that true?

I have not remained current with system hardware so I am not sure of cost-benefit analysis.

Here is my situation.

I currently run an athlon 64 3400+ cpu. (skt 754 with 2.2 Ghz buss. most of the others had a 2ghz buss) onboard sound & ati 9800 pro

I know that most of the components in Gray's system are obviously newer and faster.

However...

Considering I am able to run just about everything we play now with little or no difficulty,

(although sometimes I turn textures down a bit) I am not sure how much improvement I would actually see vs. the additional costs of newer components being purchased.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zath if you went from a 3400+single core to a 4200+dual core just on that alone you would notice a difference not just in you gaming but generally,

when I went from a single core to a dual core I noticed a hell of a difference and it was only a 3800+1.99GHz, then I upgraded to the 4200+ 2.21GHz

yes it is a socket 939 mobo and the sides are missing i took them off because my graphics cars was getting to hot so i took them off and set a desk fan next to it and while the sides were off i seem to have misplaced them... <_< as for shipping i can make a custom box to fit around the whole case... i can ship it (usps) or (ups) or (fed ex) wat ever the buyer wants

Edited by gray~SPARTA~

well socket 939 performs well enough (my old rig is an amd x2 3800 s939) but memory is slower (ddr1 vs ddr2 on AM2) I couldn't tell the difference, but surely there are test scores to be found somewhere.

GRAW/GRAW2 ran fine on my old rig

AMD x2 3800

4x 512 mb ddr

geforce 7600 GT silent

soundblaster x-fi music

I got around 25-35 fps on medium settings

I read a couple of articles on that, DDR2 is 8% faster then ddr1 depending on the model of it at most. Not a real performance gain but some. There is still alot of socket 939 cpus out there, you just got to look for them. Seems that everybody is fooled into the quad core thing now days. Don't know when we will ever use all those cores. I go buy calulations per clock cycle. Thats good enough for me. Why spend $1000 on a cpu when you can do it for $170 and still be as fast or faster.

Good luck on selling that.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~