Spartans Home

FLOWER WARS! US vs. UK in a battle of gardens

Elvis~SPARTA~

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok lets sensor the images of porch railing, as i think Athlon's got a bit of a thing for them. coolio gardenio elvis admitly my garden is about the size of ur zen garden but we have the Royal parks so *PARP* to u!

You have also got Kew Gardens mate, lovely garden Elvis I will post my pics when it's tidy (i.e. grass cut and weeded) enough as the competition is so high.

Thanks everyone. We've put a lot of work and $$$ in to the yard. After living in California, it was great to have a very large yard. I missed being able to grow as many things as I had there (sugar cane, avocados, lemons and limes) the chance to have a big yard was appealing.

Yes, it's a money pit, but when things are a bit boring, we go outside for a walk around the house, watch birds at the feeders, or sit out and listen to the wind chimes.

Unless it's hurricane season, then we watch the wind chimes blow down the street.

Lovely garden, I can see that it is tended with care and attention.

I am not very good at gardening although I have quite a nice garden.

Thats probably cuz u pay a lil mexican called Julio 2 do it.

Well after that beautifull garden I didn't dare to post pics of my garden (had no time) but as a man of word I overcame my fear for being laughed at...lol

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Ok not much garden, just grass mainly, but hey I have 3 kids, and my wife takes care of 3 more.... so that's 6 flower picking, green strawberry picking kids....

We planned to have the garden redone (new pavement and grass with some higher places for plants, use the old tiles for that) but we need a new car first, but if my wife keeps on working like that I guess we'll have the funds next year.... now only for me to get 3 weeks off work.....

cheers Forrester, yer, their horses on the next field but they keep chewing our bloody fence. Then the field after that is a worm farm thing, its weird but good 4 the soil apparantley.

That cat is really, really, really big.

We'll be adding children's play gear to the yard in the next few years.

He's master over all dogz in the neighbourhood, but there ae 2 cats even bigger around. (They were helped a bit later I guess)

But our cats are very nice to children..... I'm glad with that

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It's that time again to see those gardens!!!!!

This year I started a Veggie garden at my Dad's house

It's still early so after it grows abit it will look better.

Garden3.jpg

Garden4.jpg

This Turkey came across yard while I was taking a pic of the Garden.

turkey1.jpg

Turkey.jpg

Across the street.

Lookingacrossstreet.jpg

Behind the house is a Scot Garden in Bloom!

Behindyard.jpg

Thistle.jpg