FLOWER WARS! US vs. UK in a battle of gardens

Elvis~SPARTA~

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well an update on the Garden.

The squash is going crazy and since Im not there but every other week they are getting to big haha but notice how nice my cabbage is growing....Looks like Cabbage soup all summer.... :thumbsup_anim:

MVC-004S.jpg

MVC-005S-1.jpg

The Scot Garden behind the house has been tilled and now has Soy beans (not ours).

MVC-010S.jpg

This Turkey was crossing early this Morning.

MVC-008S.jpg

the turkey is not fat enough yet....lol

I'll see what I can do to match these....

In holland we don't have that much space, I would love to grow vegetables, but our garden is too small, and we have midgets that ruin even our strawberies....

at least here are the midgets in a different season

4255741385_7005b2e4ae_b.jpg

here's pur front garden

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=nl&geocode=&q=harderwijk+j.p.+heijelaan&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=51.841773,134.912109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=J.P.+Heijelaan,+3842+Harderwijk,+Gelderland,+Nederland&ll=52.34652,5.640619&spn=0,0.004117&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=52.34646,5.640748&panoid=ACFj0HlLxNedq2icrbi1xw&cbp=12,227.96,,0,-0.1

Edited by Forrester

I'm going to have to go out and take photos of the current rent-a-pad we are occupying in Maryland before we move out. Not as big as the Halli farm, but it is 2 acres, and takes at least 2 hours to mow. It will be nice to get back to the smaller Georgia yard.

• 1 year later...

To releave Luggage's pond fixation here is a pic of the revamped pond (the slate at the back was previously in danger of sliding into the water and the area behind the slates was full of weeds).

024.jpg

022.jpg

This is a pic of my new strawberry bed, the box hedge plants I grew from cuttings and planted out this spring (well three sides anyway) along with the stawberry plants that I grew from runners taken last summer. Total cost less than £5, I am soo cheap.

026.jpg

That's a great water feature you got there Cus. Do you light it at night? I sometimes work with a company that does very low wattage landscape lighting, and they can make stuff look amazing at night. I know you can get the knock-off lamps for fairly cheap at the home improvement stores, not sure about waterproofing them, though. I only photograph them :)

We get a lot of wildlife in the garden and lighting upsets the wildlife (hedghogs and that kind of thing) but we do have some around the patio area if we are outside entertaining its 240v with halogen lamps (present from the parents).

Ahh that's cool. You should try the 10-25 watt variety depending on the distance from source to subject. That's probably what you already have, though. Just the right amount of light most of the time. I have a "moon light" installed up in a tree about 20ft high that's around 15w that makes a really nice glow.

• 8 years later...