Spartans Home

Piracy on th High Secs

Zeno~SPARTA~

Well as some of you may know yesterday some tosser (Good Samaritan of the Gentlemen of low moral fibre - scone) destroyed my Bestower (industrial) in Outini at the Ice belt whilst I was jet canning.

It took 2 volleys to destroy it and he could have got another 2 in. I have replaced the bestower and tried to increase its resistance to attack as well as that of my Mackinaw

Here are the EFTs for them plus the Maller that I have just built, any thoughts?

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

Shield extenders are good, but only for the purpose of buying you some time (very little time mind you) to get away. Thats all.

To get your shield resists up look in the engineering skills and train those up to level 4. I know, it will tkae time, but its well worth it. The best part about them is they are 5% each and affect whatever ship you are flying. So you are looking at at least 20% bonus to each damage type right off the bat.

The less damage you take, the longer you will survive... obviously.

(For you armor tankers, there are also armor resist skills in the mechanics set I believe.)

Another thing to consider is that IN GENERAL, if you want to know what type of tank to put on a ship, look at the medium and low slots. More specifically, how many of each the ship has.

If it has more LOW slots, its an armor tanker. If it has more MED slots, its a shield tanker.

But this is where the mining barges and haulers run into trouble. using low slots for CH expanders extremely limits your options when it comes to a good armor tank. So this is where skills come into play. You dont want to spend a ton of isk on high priced and high meta modules for a ship that might be blasted into space dust on its maiden voyage. So your skills are what are going to help you through to tight situations.

Since these ships dont have any weapons on them generally, you arent going to stick around and fight back. You need to think speed and navigation to give you the best chance of getting away along with a little tank to keep you alive till you can warp.

Another thing is to carry as many drones as possible with you. There is a chance your enemy might lock target on them and shoot at them, which for some time, takes a gun or two off of you. That little bit of damage being diverted to a drone could mean the difference between a repair bill and a kill mail.

But with that, go into the fight knowing that you are going to leave those drones behind. Also, if you leave drones behind, they are less likely to chase you, because they will want to scoop them themselves.

Hopefully some of this helps.

Yep, in Engineering section, there are 4 skills to train that give a boost to your shield booster resists. One for each type of damage EM, Thermal, Kinetic, and Explosive.

So instead of throwing in all extenders, add a booster as well.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~