Spartans Home

Razbam F15E

Zeno~SPARTA~

I have not really flown it enough to really say, plus I have only flown one mission type. I would say that the F16 and F/A18 are comparable to the F15E. On reflection the F15E in multi role missions is probably the best because of the engines and pylons. The DCS version of the F18 is not the super Hornet so its engines are bit weedy when the plane is heavily laden for ground attack. I find the F16 is better with a similar load. The F15E has roughly double the F16 power (similar or same engines). The weakness of the F16 is fuel, it doesnt have a lot of  internal fuel, the F18 is a bit more economical, but the F15E is the best. It has conformal tanks on its sides as well as 2 dedicated fuel tank pylons So it can carry 13 Mk82 500lb bombs, 4 air to air missiles and 2 external tanks. The F16 can carry 12 Mk82 bombs, 2 air to air and no external fuel. I think the F18 can carry 10 Mk82s and 4 air to air and no external fuel.

The Harrier gets an honourable mention, its a fast subsonic jet with a comparable bomb load.