Spartans Home

I Challenge You

Ok, to all you fat asses like myself, I am calling you out. I am beginning my training/diet program tomorrow to shed about 20lbs. I am 185 right now and my normal weight for years has been around 175. I did this same program years ago and lost 20 pounds in about 6 weeks. I know some of you have or are in the process but I am willing to put a little wager or we can just have fun with this. I am 37 now and soon to be single again and the summer is coming. My kids have told me already that I can not take my shirt off anymore at the beach. Well I agree with them. The plan that I am doing is called the abs diet. I know it worked for me and you know what you can join and we can do this all together. So who is up for the challenge?

http://www.absdiet.com/uof/absdiet/

This program keeps track of everything for you. If gives you a workout, which you have options to change based on what equipment you have, also if gives you shopping lists and meal plans plus other little tid bits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

ok, I have an update, what about you other fat butts. I am down to 170 and at 15% body fat. My waste is now a 30, down from a 34 and I am still shedding weight. I hope to get to 165 by the 19th before I have knee surgery again. I have been working out very hard lately getting my knee recovered from the surgery 2 weeks ago. I am now eating so healthy it is almost sickening. I have just about all the belly fat gone, it just does not want to go away.

post-5-1218065367_thumb.jpg

hmmm.... OK :unsure:

I never talked about this but I guess it is helpful to have external support.

At my best adult health I was 170 pounds with a 34" waist.

I walked at least 5 miles a day but usually closer to 10 miles. It included climbing stairs and ladders numerous times each day and I usually had about 15 pounds of equipment with me. As a result I had a very high metabolism.

Circumstances beyond my control suddenly stopped most exercise causing a drastic change with me finally reaching about 232 pounds and a 42" waste. I remained between 230 ~ 234 pounds for about 2 years. As you might expect, I was mortified. I refused to take my shirt off in public... and I still do.

Doctor told me to gradually increase my exercise a bit when possible and allow the weight to come off slowly because weight lost slowly tends to stay off.

After 20 months I am now down to 204 and a 40" waist. :) Although I am still mortified I am encouraged by this weight loss and the doctor is fairly satisfied also. I have arrived at a point where 40" waist pants are getting too loose but a 38" waist is still too tight.

I think the thing that has helped the most is restricting my food portions to about 1/2 of what my eyes tell me I need. Although I do slip periodically, I like the trend as I continue this effort and hope for the best.

hey Zath, the portion thing was an issue for me. It took me a good 2 months to get to eating right. I hit a plateau at 177 for about a month. I then got drastic and joined a gym because I had too many excuses at home not to work out, they are called kids, lol. So now it is easy for me to go at lunch everyday because the gym is next door. But back to the portion thing. After two months I slowly got into the habit. After you eat right for a bit of time, your body adjusts and now if I eat the wrong things I pay for it, that is why I said is almost sickening. Here is a typical day of meals for me.

7 am 300 to 400 calorie shake/smoothy you can use whey protein or some other type of mixture

10 am usually a banana or kiwi (sorry Floyd)

1 pm Salad with some meat in it

4 pm snack on raisins, celery or something of that nature, sometimes eat tuna with crackers

7 pm eat a sensable dinner, chicken, turkey with some vegies or another smoothie if I am not too hungery

I also drink at least 80 ounces of water a day and I do not eat or drink anything after 7:30 unless it is water.

Well when I joined the gym about 3 weeks ago, my training got a little harder and then I broke the plateau of 177. Since then I have been losing about a 1/4 to 1/2 pound a day. I also have incorporated a metabolism burner that has helped. I cut out soda/pop and as much sugar as possible. One thing to note also is if you are trying to gain size, that is muscle, your body can only digest 25 to 30 grams of protein at each sitting, the rest is just flushed through your body. So make sure you include some sort of protein at each meal. I try and take in around 120 to 170 grams a day.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbprotein.htm

This link has a protein calculator that may help if you are interested.

Zath sounds like though you are on too something and keep going. I feel so much better.

What about the rest of you weight watchers, Cobol, Viii, No and you too Zeno, how are you guys doing.

I am a fat bastard, I stopped working out at the beginning of the year, to concentrate on something else. Now paying the price for that. So now I am on my bike and working on this project.

When this is done I will hit the gym again with a personal trainer, this always works for me.

Details will be revealed if succesful otherwise will be a closely guarded secret, lol.

I'm just slightly over weight (92 kg's) with a length of 1.83 meter (were's my agenda, there I can translate those...lol)

thats 6 foot tall and 202 pound???? my strive is around 85 kilos..... but thats been the same for over 4 years now....

I don't have much trouble with my weight/condition but I'd like to get a bit healthier (eat better food)

I think most of us know, what is healthy to eat and we do try.also a lot is down to portion size, i.e we just eat to much of what ever we are having. <_< . even if it is healthy.

Being diabetic i have to really watch what i eat all the way round, it was hard going at first esp when gong out to dinner with family and friends and they are eatting rich and sweet foods. but 20 months on I am ok with it now. I do stll fnd it hard at times like Christmas, But i have the will power to just say No. :clapping:

I quit smoking just over 5 years ago also, and have not touched one since,( even when i my father was dying of cancer I could have quite easy reached for the ciggies but I didnt).

I hardly drink any more either,I was watching a heath program the other day on uk sat tv and this diet doctor asked the woman who was dieting , did she know how much sugar was in a small normal size glass of white wine ? she said she thought about 3 dessert spoons of sugar, and was told no add another 5 to that. :o

No wonder drinking makes you put on weight. :rolleyes:

** Still thinks Zeno is lovely ** :wub:

Edited by Snowshoe