Spartans Home

WW2 Training Mission

Zeno~SPARTA~

I am developing a training mission for WW2 assets (using the ww2 asset pack).

It will be like scramble at Batumi but uses Radio F10 menu to call in certain targets, but there are fixed targets as well.

Fixed Targets

You can fly to the dam and through the valleys to attack the same target as the 633 homage mission. This includes 20mm anti air along the way. You can practice finding Kutaisi using the Radio Direction Finder in the Mosquito.

There is a similar training target nearer to Batumi

Optional Targets

You can repeatedly spawn and de spawn targets using the radio menu

Fighters - 3 Fw190a 

Anti air along the route to the training target

Road Convoy along same route as training target

Ship Convoy north of Batumi including, 2 E boats, 1 Submarine and 5 civilian ships

16 Ju88s targeting Batumi Airfield

Here are some samples of what to expect

20220208184435_1.jpg

20220208184315_1.jpg

20220208184052_1.jpg

20220208183908_1.jpg

20220208184005_1.jpg

20220208182123_1.jpg

20220208180305_1.jpg

Do you have the option with the aircraft to practice cold starts as well as hot?

Question re 633 mission, is it possible to set a random fighter patrol somewhere between dam and target? Maybe only there 5% 10% of time? And only if we have enough aircraft attacking?

20 hours ago, custard~SPARTA~ said:

Do you have the option with the aircraft to practice cold starts as well as hot?

Yes, thanks for the suggestion. I will set up an area where planes can be started cold and dark. Learning how to start a plane from a cold and dark state is a great way to familiarize yourself with it. This becomes more important with modern complex planes. We pay for that realism but rarely use it. 

Question re 633 mission, is it possible to set a random fighter patrol somewhere between dam and target? Maybe only there 5% 10% of time?

Yes. I am pretty sure that can be done. I think 7 people have the Mosquito, 5 of those have fighters as well, (plus one who only has a fighter). So if everyone who had a plane played at the same time we could have a mix of 5/3 or 6/2 mix of Mosquitos and fighters. Then the bombers could go in with fighter cover.

And only if we have enough aircraft attacking?

I don't know if this can be implemented automatically, but I can implement it via the radio F10 menu

Awesome thanks, good luck mission editing 👍

When I eventually get around to learning to fly I do want to learn cold starts for exactly the reason you quoted. Very much looking forward to it.

Another idea, instead of having the German fighter patrol having to be triggered manually how about two missions one were we do not have the patrol and one when there is enough of us to cope if the patrol does turn up?

• 3 weeks later...