Spartans Home

Patch 3.15

custard~SPARTA~

The patch included a wipe, earnt aUEC, items and ships bought with credit ingame have all gone. This is because they have introduced a local inventory system instead of the magic carry everything everywhere personal inventory. 

Persistence has improved to the point transported cargo is safe if servers go down including items left randomly around ship interiors.

Looting is now a thing on AI and players bodies when they are killed and I believe ships can be looted I am unsure if this includes large cargo boxes yet.

Cent has already by just messing about with missions earnt enough aUEC to buy a small mining Rover I tried using this with him and after I sorted some controls out it was succesful.

@Cent~SPARTA~ I have remapped the controls for my gamepad so the only actions available are driving, mining and scanning no dodgy self destructs are possible

edit - The ability to move cargo around on cargo grids is planned to be added in 3.18

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

You can move the 1SCU boxes but at the moment cargo that is brought through a kisok and stored on the ship is not lootable - this is coming in 3.18 with the cargo refactor. 

At that point the system will move from the magic of teleportaion that we have in all space games at the moment to actual physical cargo loading. 

This will be one of the things that sets the larger "multicrew" cargo ships apart. It just wont be practical to run those things solo, unless you are willing to pay the NPC loading fees. 

It took me around 4 hours to build up teh cash for the ROC - that was around 110K aUEC, i didnt think that was too bad. I need to get the hang of the updated scanning tech though otherwise we will spend hours looking for Gems :)

Looting and gear exchange between players is a good little micro in game feature at the moment. I was in PO and two people were using the VOIP to haggle over a subscriber flair armour set. The guy brought it for 1mil aUEC off the subsrciber in the end.