Spartans Home

DeHavilland Mosquito FB Mk VI available for pre purchase.

Zeno~SPARTA~

I have started building a simple mission starting at Batumi and flying east into the valleys. we will be following power lines to three power stations, which we must destroy.

The closest air defence in the free part of DCS which the Mosquitos have a chance of beating and which are similar to WW2 equipment are the ZSU23mm, either  mounted on Urals  or in emplacements. These have no radar assistance and are hand cranked similar to the ostwind and Wirblewind which are 37mm and 20mm respectively.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Custard this seems right up your alley.

If we progress in the game I will figure out how to set Non Directional Beacons so that we can use the Radio Direction Finder to navigate. At that point you would be in the path finder Mossie.

Enjoy

Usually I do not recommend Grim Reapers for anything but entertainment, However for this they were first and for once reasonably clear about how to use the equipment.

I have done a little research, the following looks useful I will watch/read up and see if there is anything of use to us in game. I have also watched Grimreapers guide to using the radio.

https://vk2bv.org/archive/radio/r1155.htm

Manuals (not great quality)

http://www.vmarsmanuals.co.uk/archive/1677_R1155_AP2548_Vol1_Ch2.pdf

http://www.vmarsmanuals.co.uk/archive/1257_AP2548_T1154.pdf

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

I have had a lot of fun over the last few days in the mission editor and playing with some of you.

Here is Adder living up to his name "Pyro" in a Mosquito

20211003190743_1.jpg

Here is my Mosquito Backlit by a full moon

20211004175518_1.jpg

I have been playing with the WW2 Asset pack, this is the Gestapo headquarters mission, heavily defended by 88s and searchlights, if you look closely the pathfinder Mosquitos have already destroyed the centre building.

20211006135815_1.jpg

Here's what triggered the searchlights

20211006135658_1.jpg

And here is a bit of carpet bombing, I have since rearranged the 6 plane formation to reduce collateral damage, 

20211006135824_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

As part of the last game patch "Take off Assist" has been removed from the Mosquito. It was on by default until the patch. The reason for removing it was that it allegedly did not work. That is false. As a a result take offs require a lot of fine rudder work and more technique. I am still refining my take off but I am using a lot less throttle, I centre the rudder trim use a bit of differential braking to straight on the run up. Then, once I have more authority over the control surfaces, I keep the plane on the ground, by pushing the stick forward a bit, resulting in a higher take off speed, this makes the transition to flight a bit smoother. Still, I need to practice a lot more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rockets have been added to the mozzy now on the lastest patch.

can have up to 8 rockets total. mounted to the under side of the wings 4 on each side. I belive if you only mount 4 rockets total 2 per side you can have fuel tanks as well. you can all ways have bombs in the bay still.

there is a new switch just behind the throttle to arm the rockets and to the rear of that a box that shows the selected postion and you can manualy cycle through them. They launch in pairs by default using a new trigger you have to bind.  there is also a salvo switch to the left of the gun site that will lauch all rockets at once if turnt on.

Hopefully these will be easyer to aim accuretly than the bombs!

That looks cool. As you may have heard I have no internet due to an lorry ripping the overhead line. Using a friends internt to post this. It should be fixed on the 29th. I am additionally pissed off because DCS validates modules everytime you load the game, so I cant even fly. I have however played a bunch of Ready or Not in single player, its cool you can control 2, 2 man teams. 

I was envious before of your fast computers and high speed internet, you can imagine how I feel now with zero meg internet!