Spartans Home

Scramble at Batumi, now known as MP US Scramble_Dynamic04

Zeno~SPARTA~

A lot has changed since the original Scramble at Batumi, firstly Batumi parking slots were overwhelmed so we are also at Kobuleti. There are a few planes/choppers also parked at Nalchick and Tbilisi-Lochini.

I have added almost every plane and will add more as required.

The F10 selection in the radio menu can spawn or despawn different units, including fighters, bombers naval units and a large anti air complex.

There are 2 super carriers, the Stennis and the Roosevelt, I dont know if you can interact with the Roosevelt if you dont own the module, but the Stennis is part of the free DCS World. There is also a Tarawa for choppers and the Harrier

There are 3 refuelling tankers, an S3B and 2 KC130s for refuelling practise, they all use the drogue method for refuelling which will not work for the F15 and F16. In the past the KC135 with the boom did not refuel planes with a probe, but I seem to remember seeing them with probes un ravelling from external wing tanks so this may have changed, I will check and change a KC130 to a KC135 if they can refuel with a drogue as well.

In order to help you locate them, there are navigation aids for the tankers and carriers. These are listed below. This information is available in the mission briefing which can be accessed at any time by pressing escape and briefing.

Refuelling

Tanker 1 TKR1 "Texaco"
252am
TACAN 13Y

Tanker 2 TKR2 "Arco"
253am
TACAN 14Y

Tanker 3 TKR3 ""Shell"
251am
TACAN 15Y

Carriers

Stennis CVN1
TACAN 11X
ICLS 15
127.5am

Tarawa
TACAN 14X
128.5am

Theodore Roodevelt
TACAN 15X
ICLS  16
129.5am

Main Airfields

Batumi

TACAN 16X
ILS 110.3 Runway 13 (Sea Approach)

Kobuleti
TACAN 67X
ILS 111.5 Runway 07

Sukhumi-Babushara

TACAN 10X

No ILS

• 11 months later...

We are up to scramble at Batumi 9 on the server.

There are many additions, including Helicopter FARP near the Delta (with Ka50, Hind and Gazelle, Apache when launched). There is an airfield dedicated to Cold Start planes, At the moment there are F16s, F18s, Viggens and Harriers). Look for CS [aircraft name] in the list.

Luggage has provided a new server called Sparta shiny new test server, this training mission will be on the server unless we are running a specific mission temporarily.