Spartans Home

COH 2 64 bit beta

adder360~SPARTA~

after our game freazing up incodents i had a look at the 64 bit beta to see if it made the performance a bit better.

to do this i ran the inf res bridge map with 4x expert russan baddys and 3 easy guys on my side just to get loads of units on the bridge and ry and load the game, on the normal release of the game it seemed to be running at between 10-15 fps, a cupple of times i noticed the drive the game is installed on being used fully but apart from that it seemed to be using low system resorces. seems to only be spreeding over a few cores.

the 64 bit beta was had about a 600 mb download (same for converting back to the normal version) that gets done by selecting it in the steam game bit and opt in to the beta.

i did the same game senerio and the frame rate seems to be running between 15-20 fps. seemed to be an improvment that might be worth trying. my thorght on the 64 v 32 bit would be that to run the 32 bit version there is some sort of emulaion going on in the background this might be effecting things.

the down side is that you cant cross play, so everyone would have to be on the same page ( ive reverted back to the sable version for now and see what the concensous is.

Downloading 64 bit  downloaded

I have started a STEAM group chat to let everyone know we are trying the BETA, apologies if I missed anyone and please note I have not invited the Tenesee mafia yet as they are not all on my friends list

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

• 1 year later...

Yesterday in a game with Custard and Cent an unusual event happened. We were defending a central point, as usual. I was on the left with 3 76mm anti tank guns, 3 machine guns, 3 Su76s and a bit further away, 3 mortars. Everything was 3 star and they were shredding the 3 hard enemies. Then there was some red smoke indicating an off map attack. But it wasnt one attack it was 3, the 3  AI each launched an airstrike at the same time on the same spot, 1 incendiary and 2 bombers. In a moment everything except the mortars was evaporated.

Unable to control my rage I screamed out an expletive and unfortunately turned on the mike as well, so sorry about that Custard and Cent.

After getting over the embarrassment I reflected on the what the AI had done, working in concert they were devastating. The main advantage we have is that we have a loosely coordinated plan of defence and attack, resulting in greater efficiency and less wasted resources. This usually allows us to amass an attacking force large enough to annihilate their bases.

Luckily Cents and Custard had some spare tank to fill the hole in the defence, so although it was a setback for me, it did not change outcome.

• Haha 1

I think we only had one anti air asset in the front defence and it was located towards the center, Luggage builds more I think and more on the edges of the formation, until that air attack came in it was the most solid defense I have seen on that map considering how few assets we had there.

Having more air defense may or may not have made a difference in this instance.