Spartans Home

3.10 Live

Cent~SPARTA~

Gents,

The latest release (3.10) is live on the servers. 

As with the last patch - Persistence seems hit and miss across the board so check your inventories. 

Sadly the CAT and Prospector are missing from my load out - however I still have all of the components like QT drive, Weapons, Shields etc that I had purchased for them. I also have my personal weapons and Armor sets AND most importantly the aUEC balance before the update. So I at least start with 500,000 in the Bank.

See you in the verse! 

So what works - 

Trading - Multi part missions are fun - however the grind with the payout isn't as lucrative as 3.9. 3 box pick up will net you 4000 to 6000. I have found the multi pickups with a single drop off to be the most practical. try it out.

Large run trading - with the change in commodity levels back to the pre 3.9 exploit some of the short hop runs are no longer viable. Most outpost only stock a limited amount of products and the refresh rate now works correctly. Ie the Larranite in Bezdeck refreshes at a rate of 500 units per minute. For context, the Freelancer carries 6400 units and the maximum amount stocked at the outpost is 5000 units. 

The days of the big CAT trade runs of high value cargo are over. 

Some products, like food, agg supplies and the like still have high stock values and are now more suited to bulk hauling - however the values are nowhere near as high as before. 

Good points - Small ships can make a high profit but with a smaller volume. Large ships can make a good profit hauling Bulk items (just no high value exploits anymore). You can share funds and this makes multi crew of the large haulers fun - as the pilot can land at the port whilst the captain makes the pilgrimage to the business district to sell the goods.

Bad Points - Harder to make a profit, longer grind with the small ships if you have little starting capitol.

Mining - Surface mining has seen some improvements with the addition of more small surface nodes which can be mined by hand or with the new ROC ground vehicle. Multicrew mining is now a real thing as profits can be shared across crew easily with the trader app. 

Good points - More resources, More mining vehicle options, profit sharing

Bad points - Non I LOVE MINING :) 

I haven't delved into the combat missions - will try these at the week end.

Overall I like the direction 3.10 but it does have its own share of new and unresolved bugs. Mining feels really fleshed out and personally I dont mind that they removed the trading exploit (although racing a Caterpillar to the surface was fun) and once salvage gets it turn I feel we will be finally turning the corner and heading towards a Beta although i think this is still years, not months away. 

Mining in the mole works :)

Being interdicted by AI was interesting not sure it would have been in a vanilla upgraded ship

We need to solve the joint quantum jump probs we are having and find some reasonable profit trade runs for the smaller ships

Oh Happy days!

We've identified and addressed the issue that was preventing ships purchased with aUEC from being recorded and seen in-game. We're very happy to let you know that we've also gone through our internal logs and will be re-attributing every ship that went missing since 3.9.

If true that does go a long way to rebuilding my interest after the dreadful state 3.10 appeared in, you beat me posting this by 2 minutes :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, custard~SPARTA~ said:

If true that does go a long way to rebuilding my interest after the dreadful state 3.10 appeared in, you beat me posting this by 2 minutes :)

ScreenShot0105.thumb.jpg.451cb70488fc98488ac7f278b4f91611.jpg

Oh its true my friend! got them ALL back

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

they are puurty - however mostly empty at this point. The ambient sound is rather amazing as you walk around it must be said.

So far i have been blown to bits 3 times outside Everus harbor.  some of the more enterprising hoodlums are using a QED just outside the port. You cant jump away and others cant jump in - can be a bit frustrating!