Spartans Home

I am reinstalling ArmA III

Zeno~SPARTA~

I am only  going to use mods to use contemporary weapons, armour and aircraft. I don't like the semi futuristic stuff in Arma 3. So I am downloading a variety of mods including Cup, ACE and RH.

Using Chernarus we can create simple mission ideas using DCS for air elements and ArmA for the land. I have seen groups working together to do this, but I am happy to do it on my own. As an example, for mission 3 in the Caucasus' campaign I can create a scenario where you have to destroy buildings in the Canyons north west of Batumi, I can make it so we have no HARMs and the opfor have SAM 10 (Grumbles) on high ground, we will have to fly low to bomb the buildings which in turn are protected by Shilkas. This type of mission will be suited to the A10 A and C, the AV8b the SU 25T and the F18

If we destroy sufficient assets from the air it will "unlock" an insertion in ArmA to a location in Chernarus where we will insert by chopper and attack ground opfor. 

Before anyone says we can do the air missions in ArmA with mods, forget it, apart from choppers flying in arma is crap, too close to battlefield for my liking.

I need to play a little before I invest in this idea, because I am useless at arma, even though i played a lot of it.

Not this year. I just ordered another seagate barracuda 4 tb Hard Drive, I still have my 1TB SSD gaming drive. I think my limiting factor for the flight sim will be internet bandwidth. I lost a lot of things but most of it is backed up. But I lost everything I built in space engineers, including my mobile bases, which will be hard to recreate.

A bit of good news, the space engineers blueprints are on the C drive in Appdata/Roaming. Even the savegames are there.

I have finished downloading the mods for Arma, Basically CUP, RH and NI (maybe ACE)

Now I have to figure out how to set up a basic mission where we have access to all the weapons.

Since we will be few the scenarios are best suited to special forces. operating from a fixed base.

Infiltrate by vehicle, wheeled, boat, chopper or plane.

Execute mission, assassinate, blow up structure, steal documents

Revive, no respawn

leave the area

Excellent idea, i couldn't agree more regarding the mod choices and the futuristic vanilla game however the BAF mods are excellent

Now I need to practice with an SU in one game, choppers and fps shooting in another, learn the new flight model and everything else new in Star Citizen and still find time to craft seasoned wood in Naval Action so Forrester doesn't kill me :)

FYI the internet connection in the wifes Flat in St.Ives is better than the one at home :(

3 hours ago, custard~SPARTA~ said:

Excellent idea, i couldn't agree more regarding the mod choices and the futuristic vanilla game however the BAF mods are excellent

Now I need to practice with an SU in one game, choppers and fps shooting in another, learn the new flight model and everything else new in Star Citizen and still find time to craft seasoned wood in Naval Action so Forrester doesn't kill me :)

FYI the internet connection in the wifes Flat in St.Ives is better than the one at home :(

Well as you were away, Zeno, Myself, Hunter, Panic, Rizz and Adder have decided to play ArmA 🤣

9 hours ago, Cent~SPARTA~ said:

Well as you were away, Zeno, Myself, Hunter, Panic, Rizz and Adder have decided to play ArmA 🤣

Tools

• Like 1

I'll take a look at the BAF units, are you using 3CB mods they are all 5 star rated?

We are playing a Chernarus Domination mission using the CUP mod, to try to familiarise ourselves with the game. Eventually we will build SF mission templates for up to 8 players and come up with a story line to fit missions into. As an elite multinational force we will have access to any unit we need.

3CB sounds about right, I have watched a lot of Jester814's youtube vids and BAF units have featured often, I know there are RH and ACE variants

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

for added emersion (depending on what helos there are in DCS) could have ai helos heading towards the target in DCS. we in the aircraft have to clear the way in the jets and then once "spawn" in the helo on route to target (switch to arma) 

but sounds rather complercated 

Interesting idea as usual.

I think of us as 2 groups, the air group and the land group. The air group will clear the path for the land group, then the land group mission gets the green light. We will go in by chopper and land as close as we can, then hoof it. Or we can take a lift chopper and bring a humvee equivalent to drive closer.

Tomorrow we will do some more Domination to improve our skills.

I am slowly coming to grips with the ArmA editor. There is a lot to relearn. I am building out our starting base, I now have the ammo box with all weapons, and the respawn/revive. I need to figure out our starting assets so that I have a base template. We need a lift chopper, MH6 or equivalent and a transport chopper. The lift chopper should be the biggest choppers and can include russian units, Chinook comes to mind. We need light, robust road vehicles that can go anywhere. Recommendations please?

I have added 2 squads, One US and one Brit.

I have a lot of mods, 3CB, CUP, RH NI amongst them. This needs to be refined down to the essentials, I am not a fan of ACE as I think it takes away more than it adds, so for now have not included it. However I may change my mind. I think one thing it does add is an ability to dial in the sniper rifles. With or without Ace moving is hard if we carry too much, so we will need to have vehicles with gear in them, I haven't checked but we might be able to put the arsenal script in them so that they act as ammo boxes. Instead of lifting them, they can be prepositioned nearer the objective, as though agents had put them in place.

I am trying to get back into the game play using the side missions of domination. Cent and I played a few missions but there was a lot of dying. Recon by death comes to mind.  We need to learn to use drones to recon. I may add assets to domination so we can have a bit of fun with armour.

Dont let the flying slip, there is a lot to learn.

The AGM 84E SLAM has been added to the F18 in the latest update, this is a Harpoon for land targets.

I have found a mod that is useful in editing it lets you search uniform and equipment items very easily

This would make editing to produce a multi national team with different pieces of kit much much easier

I will find it later today

I had another idea, for the arma part of the mission we will be carrier based. I have to check it out as a practical matter, ie can all the assets fit, is it easy to place units/ammo crate on the deck or below deck. The DCS portion of the mission does not have to be on a carrier, since not all of us have carrier capable aircraft. I will have a mess about with that this week. I am still trying to identify all of the lift capable choppers (not using script), so far I only have the Chinook and the Mi6, I will check on variations of the Blackhawk and the Merlin. 

• Like 1

The Nimitz mod is amazing. It has working elevators so I have been able to place the Spawn point and ammo crate below deck, as well as the road vehicles. 

As a result we can spawn on the ship, kit ourselves up, get in the vehicles, go to the flight deck and have a chopper lift us and take us in. Depending on our number we may need two vehicles and choppers. If vehicles are destroyed they will respawn at their original position.  I will duplicate the vehicles at the Balota airfield and a respawn point there for us.

Once this part is sorted this will be the starting template for missions, the I will start working on a enemy positions for the first mission.

Cant be sure if this works until I test it on a server.