Spartans Home

Mining

custard~SPARTA~

Custard, I have opened another mining operation based out of ARC L1.

To navigate to the Asteroid belt first make your way to Wide Forest Station (@ ARC L1)

Set a quantum nav jump to  HUR L5

Drop out of Quantum at a distance of 8.5mil kiliometers from HUR L5 

That should put you roughly in the middle of the belt. 

Best part is ARC L1 is only 5mil back - i can do the run back in less than 5 minutes. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks bud, I was thinking of setting up at Hurston because of the two refineries and being able to mission with anyone that may want too. Don't suppose you know SOP for getting to halo from there?

15 hours ago, custard~SPARTA~ said:

Thanks bud, I was thinking of setting up at Hurston because of the two refineries and being able to mission with anyone that may want too. Don't suppose you know SOP for getting to halo from there?

If your jumping from Hurston, set for Arcorp and drop out at 7.5mil k.

• 4 weeks later...

Video on multiplayer mining, worth a watch because it shows what is possible now it's also not a very long video

Edited by custard~SPARTA~
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Following Loudguns guide to mining this is the loudout for the Mole multicrewed miner WIP

Turret 1 - Lancet MH2 laser with Surge in slot 1 Brandt in slot 2 and Stampede in slot 3

This is the laser below the pilots seat and is the primary or solo mining laser

Turret 2 - Lancet MH2 laser with Surge in slot 1 Surge in slot 2 and Stampede in slot 3

This is setup to be the big rock cracker

Turret 3 - Helix II with 3 times XTR modules

This is the extraction laser these permanant modules give a 150% extraction buff

Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTI8N7NnxsM&t=1450s

SOP

Be within 40M from the first rock being broken pull back a little to about 90-100M to break smaller rocks

Surge module should be used when solo mining to give a very large initial boost to charge level

Brandt module is used for increasing stability

Stampede module is used to increase charge rate

Edited by custard~SPARTA~
Update

• 5 months later...