Spartans Home

HOTAS button mapping

Hunter~SPARTA~

Here is my button mapping layout for the F/A-18C on the Logitech X52.

I don't take credit for the image itself, I just overlaid my controls onto one I found on the web.

The left column is the standard button, the right column is when holding the pinkie switch modifier + that button. "Fire B" and "Fire C" didn't have the extra column, so I just put the modifier action below the normal one. The hats from top to bottom are Up, Down, Left, Right.

Edit: Not diagrammed, but wheel brake is the modifier+trigger

image.png

I don't have the game open at the moment, but in the controls screen there is a "Mods" or "Modifiers" button. Open that up and add the pinkie to the list of Modifiers.

I have an issue where the game doesn't detect the pinkie as a button press at all, so I have a work around, if that applies to you as well. It's not awesome, but I haven't put any time into figuring out why it doesn't work like it should. Assuming you are on Windows 10, work around:

1. Open Windows Start Menu
  2. Settings
  3. Devices
  4. Under "Related Settings" -> Devices and Printers
  5. Right click the controller -> Game controller settings
  6. Select controller
  7. Properties

Leave that window open and then the game will detect the pinkie switch being pressed.

If that does work, you can create a shortcut to cut out some of those clicks. Set the shortcut "location" to:

control /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters