Spartans Home

Racing Today

Rocky

When I have raced, I found that car class to be the best. The cars have adequate power and decent brakes. I could try to scare up some interest in PCars2 Sunday racing, but we have not been able to duplicate the enthusiasm of GTR2 and Grid. We tried an endurance race with mandatory fuel stop, but ended up with many DNFs due to fuel.  I cant race, or play any game, with randoms, It's much more enjoyable to race with friends.

I used to make videos of nascaar race events when I raced every Sunday, but like you say, it's not the same racing with randoms so I don't have the enthusiasm so much for making after race movies anymore.

Racing with randoms is fine for me practicing though even if I am coming last every race. 

What surprises me is that although I have not raced for YEARS, I recognise some of these tracks and know the bends!

Edited by Rocky
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I race every saturday evening GMT with a good bunch of guys. I'm last every week (if I finish), and the winner is usually setting a really good lap time, so it's a good mix of skill sets.

Its Clean GT3 racing and there are still slots. We are 5 races in to a 10 race season but still taking new drivers.

Something to think about if you want to dip your toes back into online.

Let me know.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?67979-Olympus-Racing-League-GT3-(Clean-racing-for-all)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSJLmimZBNpEsu54C1vk6MQ?

Edited by Rocky

I didn't think there as any licence requirement, I am sure he said that, and I only raced a few times and I got in. I've never even viosited my profile page to see what it says, I'm going to check it in a moment.

I always meant to understand the licence numbers anyway hang on I am googling it now....

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/competitive-racing-license/

the license tracks three main spheres of a driver’s career: a driver’s reputation for safety, a driver’s skill level —both of which can be used as a filter for online racing—and driver experience.

The Safety Ranks system is as follows: Unclassified (lowest, and also the starting point), F, E, D, C, B, A, S (highest).
This Skill Rating number ranges from the lowest at 100, up to 5,000 as the highest, with the player’s starting strength set to 1,500. All players should be aiming for S5000 licenses therefore.

So here's my profile

pcp.thumb.png.4816fe4942793c6ab5865bc8ed3371b4.png

So going by whats above

F = I have worst safety rating there is, for some reason S is the best, after A

1430 = is driver rating which starts at 100 and goes up to 5000

So yeh the U100 means anyone can join.

Edited by Rocky

Ok all downloaded and installed - even had a bash around Donni in a Focus. Game does look pretty :) 

Im sure we can drum up some drivers once we complete our IL2 shinnanigans

We tend to work our way through the tracks. Usually we do 3 lap races, no qualifier or practice. We change tracks every three to 5  goes. Penalties are turned off, but that depends on what people prefer, so long as its not abused. The racing is a lot cleaner than the grid days. We have had close racing with few impacts. 

Nice races yesterday. Enjoyed it!

Great racing with you again Rocky.

Thanks everyone for suffering through a Nordschliefe, I know its hard to learn, but it is the most rewarding track in the world and my personal favourite.