Spartans Home

Self Isolation reading

Zeno~SPARTA~

Obviously there are many books you could read, but our current situation reminded of a Sci Fi book I read long ago called "The Naked Sun", by Isaac Asimov.

At its core it is a detective novel, but it take place on another planet in the future where people are taught from birth to avoid physical contact and only communicate with each other via holograms. This book was written in 1957!!! in a time where, television was a luxury and enjoyed in fuzzy shades of grey!

Stay well, especially if your older and in less than perfect health. Hopefully our confinement will be temporary and we wont end up living like those people in the book.

The great thing about our group, we are gamer's and can handle staying at home and still 

socialize with others.

I love books like Robinson Crusoe where distancing ones self was unintentional but shurley he had no chance to get anything

unless from the headhunters that would frequent the island.

Fishing is a great way to social distance yourselves and for me a top hobby of mine.

My company have been deemed an essential business so I am working everyday helping Nashville's main facility with

whatever they need rather than travel . 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Also, I just saw AppleTV are producing a huge budget production of the Asimov series Foundation, there's a trailer out already - looks pretty good.

Edited by Rocky