Spartans Home

Supreme commander 2

Zeno~SPARTA~

There are different sized maps but it will be hundreds of units. There are good static defences though, but of course there is a counter to everything. The key seems to be research to get the biggest units and attack en masse. (basically the same strategy I always employ in all RTS games).

Research is a critical element. There are research trees for land, air, sea, structures and ACU. Alone, you have to balance the research, this is what makes coop interesting. Because one player  can focus on defence, structures (increasing point defence, shields, range and power) and say land units secondarily. whilst another player can focus on land and air (sea if necessary).

Years ago we played 3v3 (all human players) and we only got through the defence build up, as soon as battle commenced 3 computers crashed! 

Anyway it has potential. I have played a few times alone, but I turn off nukes, long range arty and sometimes air and sea units.

Great games Adder. SC2 is very hard and you are really on top of it. I can just about manage a choke point map with no air, long range arty or nukes. Just adding air units back can make it excruciating.  Swarming seems to be the key to this game, but for once AI base defences are at least as good as, if not better than, what we do. Send in 200 bombers and none will return. It seems you need a lot of cannon fodder (land and air) to thin some of their defences, then follow up with the main punch of heavy units.

It is hard work and quite stressful, inducing a lot of expletives. Good job I use push to talk, although that failed to protect you once.