Spartans Home

Forza Motorsport 7 is on sale

Zeno~SPARTA~

We finally had a Sunday race using Forza 7 Motorsport.  Only 4 of us but still it was a start. The closest races were in the 2014 Fiesta ST.  It is not sim racing, but there are a lot of cars that you might own or desire. Project Cars tends to be outright racing cars or racing derivatives of standard cars, Forza has ordinary cars up to Le Mans prototype racers, with everything in between. You do have to buy the cars but the game offers a lot of opportunities to make money and win cars.

The game is still on sale.

Good races yesterday.

I thought the A675 class cars were a good balance between performance and ease of use. The standard homologated Audi TTS turned out to be an easy car with which to extract decent times. With that in mind I tested a few different standard homologated cars in this class on the Hockenheim Ring. I did 3 laps with each and noted the best time. The laps were crude and definitely not clean.

BMW Z4 08 1.59.846

BMW M2 1.59.030

Ferrari Cali T 2.00.025

Lotus Evora S 2.00.167

Mercedes SLK 55 AMG 2.00.721

Nissan 370 Z 2010 1.58.557

Porsche Cayman GT4 1.58.296

Pontiac Solstice GXP 1.57.253

I recommend the 3 last cars, not just because they put in a good time, but because they are a pleasure to drive, like the Audi TTS was (for reference I can consistently get 1.59 lap times in it). The Porsche was probably the best. The worst was the Mercedes SLK which is one of the few cars where the tyres were often yellow (indicating overheating) on braking.

A car you should avoid (sadly for me) is the Jaguar F type. Although I can get consistently get similar lap times to those indicated above, I have to work much harder. It is just unpleasant to drive as an A675 car, this is because it is homolgated to the wrong class, The homologated F type is only marginally improved from the stock version, whereas the rest of the cars in this class have been more substantially modded. In any case it's horrible to drive, avoid it.

To recap, buy the following:-

Audi TTS

Nissan 370 Z

Porsche Cayman GT4

Pontiac Solstice GXP.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread..

Would quite like to get a few races going again if a few are interested?

My preference is GRID2 but can sort Forza if that's the racer of choice.

Don't really mind which day

Hope everyone is well

K

• Thanks 1