Spartans Home

Post Scriptum

custard~SPARTA~

New game to us, WWII set in Arnhem with US and Brit vs Wermacht.

Reminds us a bit of ARMA but it's pvp with no AI it's supposed to be a BETA but doesn't give that impression. No air but has vehicles (multiple crewed) various roles for troops to play.

Very team orientated watch a stream of somebody you know playing to see if it is of interest.

No where near as good as Naval Action which you should all be playing :D

Yes its a lot of fun - very much TAC DOM when you get in with a good server group.

Coms work is essential and lone run/gun youths seem to get swallowed up wholesale by MG42's and well placed mortars :) Which I love!!!!

Vehicle and weapons are fairly well done - needs polish but everything normally works.  Air assets and heavy Artillery are available for the Commander to call in  - its quite something to be in a Tank when you hear that unmistakable sound of a Stuka !!!!

There is a role for just about every play style and competency (which suits my complete lack of either).

Personally the most fun I have had is Luggage loosing his patience with me whilst driving a Tank :) - if nothing else just sit in and watch one of us streaming - it's comedy gold!!!

Picked it up and played a few hours last night. Had a few good rounds when communication was good and some very infuriating rounds with non-cohesive teammates. Look forward to getting a Sparta squad together, but do have concerns about being able to everyone into the same server and onto the same team. There were only 3 full-ish servers last night and it took me a few minutes to get into one just on my own.

Yes that is one of the issues at the moment. We can lock/unlock our platoon when formed to make sure we have our own little group. that works ok and I think Lugg's is looking into the details of our own server on one of ahem "host" machines located somewhere in the UK which will allow us more control.

Some good games tonight with Peter, Lugg's, Custard and Forrester as Logistics, Infantry and a final stint in an armoured platoon. 

Learning curve is horrific the maps are massive and my brain is soo small

Luggs is going to investigate how to lock things down on our server (yes we already have one :D) so we can more easily group up and potentialy slow things down so simple me can learn

The integrated comms setup is how ARMA should have been it actually works

This is not a BETA game it's further on than ARMA was at launch by a country mile 

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

Update

Luggage can now give us priviledges on our Sparta test server using our individual steam user IDs

The server now has a pw it is 'flame' 

Tonight we have been practicing with the logistics and using Mortars so we are bit less in the dark (the explosions are real eye candy)

Link below for user made mortar tool

https://psmc.ende.pro/

On our own server we have access to a number of features which you can't easily enjoy on the public ones which are triggered by your steam ID number, so if you can post that in  here I can add you to the list. Features include 

• Members are exempt from team balance restrictions
  • Members are exempt from team swap time limits
  • Members can make the server private/public as required

For new players the server affords a safe environment to try out different aspects of the game,  without seven heaps of shit raining down, and some clever bastard constantly shooting you. 

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:51 AM, Hunter~SPARTA~ said:

Not sure which version you need Luggs, so here's all of them.

steamID: STEAM_1:1:6546178 
steamID3: [U:1:13092357] 
steamID64: 76561197973358085 

Also, that one clever bastard seems to be playing every time I get on   :wallbash:

I have added your Steamid 64, which is the one that it gave the examples for, and appears to work reliably.

I have also signed you up for life with Readers Digest gold tier. 😁 

Barn doors still have nothing to worry about with me. I used nearly 15 rounds on some targets yesterday to no effect. These were stationary and I still was unable to land a hit. I did get two later kills but they were very close, I was prone and that took 7 shots. 

In doing some reading, through the tears of failure, I have found the following snippets, which are pasted from different posts around the interweb. 

Stamina is a huge factor in your ability to aim. If you have less than 50% stamina don’t expect to do anything beyond suppressing a target. Just like it would be hard to sprint 300 yards then drop dead accurate shots, this is translated into the game via stamina and weapon swing.

The K98 is fine at 100m. Sub-100m it shoots pretty high in my experience. At 10m I have to aim below prone targets to hit them.

It's the same issue in SQUAD, both titles use a small grid based system for the ads mechanics. If a distant target is on one of the grid lines, you won't be able to hit em unless you alter your position.

I noticed this when playing on lower dpi. Now I have found how to make it smooth by playing on 2000 dpi and on 0.09 sensitivity. This appears to relate to the common complaint of not being able to aim with precision, if anyone can explain how I set this one up I will be most grateful!

Lastly, and this may be me being paranoid, but I have some fights I have had are balanced, in that may shots have ensued and I have died according to my ability, which is 0% but after the opponent has had to use several shots to get me, whilst I have missed him continually. The area that bugs me is when I am running rapidly and I am one shot hit, and the audible indicator is that it is not a close shot. These annoy the hell out of me and make me sway towards assuming aimbot use. As indicated at the start of this post a moving target is very difficult to hit with iron sights and they are "super-mega ukulele" skill level. 

Overall I am not put off. I think we are moving toward closed server evenings PVP to hone/enhance our skills in a controlled environment. 

We still need to get Squad leaders and Map leader skilled honed. The information overload is as bad as ARMA but getting a full platoon together will undoubtedly be awesome. 

Well that was interesting, sincere apologies for bailing when my sound gave out I decided coming back after a restart would upset the old lady

Well well well, it is possible for us to get kills and enjoy ourselves only downside is getting so many of us on the same bleedin side :banana_dance:

I have found ordering 120mm Howitzers barrages and Mosquito bomber runs to be most satisfying. 

Company level command seems fairly straight forward - as long as you have talkative PL's - I rather enjoyed it today and we won!! 

Excellent teamwork tonight yet again, it would be so cool to get 8 of us playing this game in 1 squad reminds me of a cross between GRAW and ARMA

Thank you to Luggage for doing the squad lead role 👍

• 1 month later...