Spartans Home

Division 2

PitDog~SPARTA~

Just wanted to hear your thoughts from those who played the Division 2 Beta, been hearing mixed comments and reviews.

Me personally I liked were Division 2 is heading I am a huge fan of division 1 and have put many hours into it (1500 hours regular 200 hours PTS) and was hoping they would not just cut & paste game play, Skill sets, and game architecture for Div 1 into Div 2 and they did not. The game to me is heading more towards a strategic cover play style, no more get the best gear and face tank everything

If you don't plan and think about your play and movements in the missions you are heavily penalized with many deaths. Just to roam the game now is dangerous when before in Division 1 NPC's were pushovers, the world is more dynamic and that is what I was hoping for. Yes they still have some work to do on it (still getting stuck on objects, Skills not always working, working on the kill time and time to be killed) but it is not enough to were it takes away the fun for me. I hope enough of Sparta people are interested in it to were we can start a clan and fully out fit the 8 man raids that will be available at end game. We have only tasted a small portion of the game and I am hungry to see what else Division 2 has to offer. 

• Like 1

nice info PD, i'm ordered and ready to go.

i played the beta only for a few mins, all i can say is that i can get straight into the game, but didn't really experience the game properly.

Edited by PANiC

For me I am on the fence about it.

Maybe once the game releases and I get a level 30 player it may be better.

The healing was strange and could be different. The resources were a bit awkward but maybe once I play full release things will be smoother.

The servers were really buggy and I would think with having D1 it would be spot on. Not to mention the bad Memory leak but maybe the game techs were purposely

straining the game to see what is what.

The amount of ram the game uses is nuts!

Div2.png

Well lets get this started.

"The first steps when creating a clan involves choosing a clan name, a short tag consisting of 3 capitalized letters, an insignia that can be designed based on a by the game offered selection of icons, backgrounds and border types and last but not least an optional notice for what your clan stands for."

So what are our choices?

1. LOS

2.  ...

3. ...

4. ...

Any thoughts on what three would work?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hooked up with Pitdog (Troy) and allowed him into the clan with recruitment abilities.

His in game name is PitDogLOS he can accept and give invites.

I know we won't do much with this but you never know and if nothing else it gives small perks for each other as it has a Clan stash that

I hope will be handy.

• Like 2

i'm downloading, 42GB doesn't seem too bad compared to the 85GB update to Seige i had to do last night.

sry i hadn't been on, work has been tough at the moment

the clan thing looks good

I sorted out recruiting Larson so I was able to join the clan. 

As usual I have little idea what I am doing, but unusually the grind is reasonable with a lot of different things to do. I especially appreciate the weapons, There doesnt appear to be a meta rifle and all the weapons I have used are reasonable but I do like some more (M60 and Urban MDR). Unlike division 1 where a lot of weapons were complete rubbish.

There is a new mechanic for mismatched coop players. Now the lower ranked player is given a temporary false rank close to the high ranked player. Their weapons are more effective as well, this means there will be no fast ranking.

For me those heavy Machine guns are what saves me from being overwhelmed which is not hard for myself.

You are set as LT. in clan and if we have a teammate that wants to take the clan play to the top I can easily give that person

the Commander spot if it helps them! 

Either way Co-op is great to play and when I'm solo I really just run around and get loot and supply drops & ect.

I have made good progress, but I have a little concern.

After we capture the control points I notice that the consumables are indeed consumed and The control point officer needs more. Does this mean we will always be running around foraging for water, food and components and if we dont keep them supplied we lose them.

With that said good fun so far.

• 2 weeks later...

same, i got the gold edition or whatever it was. as far as i know everyone gets the same content, we just get things a few days earlier. 

really good game Adder, will be finding out about Tier5/endgame this coming week.