Spartans Home

GUI Patch 31 Oct 2018

custard~SPARTA~

Guys before you build any buildings we may need a chat about relocating/or not we have a 14 day redeemable I am not even sure it's safe to redeem in Brangman's

Im thinking about a move to Belize, because the area cant be taken, yes there will be plenty of rats about, but im not sure with the current economic situation how many Ports the UK faction will be able to keep. But thats my 5 cents... Ill be working late a lot the coming weeks, have a big project with a lot of resistance in which I now have a key role in bringing it to an good end (2 years of war between 7 municipalities over Geo software...lol) so my experience with Naval action will be of good use

PVE seems fun thus far, started anew, capping traders and slowly grinding my way up. Currently still based in KPR

Hereby a copy of the patch notes on steam:

Captains.

The day of days has come - and we are getting close and closer to release.

Patch will be deployed today on 31st of October.

This is the biggest patch we delivered to date so expect problems and issues - they will be fixed one by one.

Contents

It is impossible to describe the multitude of changes in this patch so the list will be short and will just cover areas of changes

New bugs and loopholes - please report issues in designated topics or in this topic

Updated port user interface. Everything has changed. Just like with all interface updates it will feel weird and sometimes wrong. But it is a much better UI and most importantly it is better for localization

Economy has moved to historical currencies

reals - silver dollars

doubloons - double escudos - gold goins

pvp marks and combat marks have been abandoned. Combat marks will be converted to reals - pvp marks turn into doubloons

denomination has been applied to all prices (approximately 25 to 1)

please report if we missed something in this area

2000 doubloons will be issued to all captains as a timed redeemable for 14 days.

Holds contents have been updated for

combat ships

traders

sealed bottles

chests

all vessels can sometimes carry crew pay (military ships) or results of trading in doubloons (traders) and in good amounts

Ship capture rules updated

Previously you could not capture imported ships and could not capture 1-4th rates on the PVP server

New rule is the following (mostly concerns the War (caribbean) server

You cannot take non captureable ships to the open world but you can use them in the instance

this means you can capture all ships for sailing in the current battle instance

once you exit the instance non capturable ships will be taken over by the admiralty (with hold)

Please make sure you dont exit in the imported ship or non capturable ship to the open world if you have valuable things in the hold

To receive a reward for that ship sink it in the instance transferring to a capturable ship

New missions

Hunt and search and destroy - to find and destroy ships in the open world

Weekly challenges

kill missions (former combat orders) now have difficulty levels and increased rewards

bot distribution changed. certain regions now have lineships (like hispaniola) some regions have 5th rates only.

Mission class and difficulty now depend on ports

Starting ports have lower level missions and easier missions

Insurance has been added to all crafted ships

you must fight bravely and do not give up the ship (sink) to receive insurance

Tow to port now only works if you are really stuck in the open world

Economy has been streamlined

redundant materials removed (conversion tables were provided before)

resources weights and prices changed

building production limits have been greatly increased for lvl 3 buildings

e.g lvl 3 building now allow production approximately similar to 5 level 3 buildings before the patch.

as a result euro traders permits were removed from the caribbean for testing

prices for buildings were adjusted based on complexity of production

current buildings were closed and wiped for all players (costs to reopen was added to redeemables)

new buildings introduced

outposts now charge for passenger transportation

Admiralty prices updated

book prices for high level ships generally increased (because of ample supply of doubloons from activities)

ship notes prices now correspond to the alternative of crafting that ship (a lot higher)

Max BR limit for shallow port battle is now 110 (which makes Prince the highest BR ship that can enter port battles)

Known issues

Сhallenge events will start on Monday (light, frigate, lineships)

Economy and prices are new and might require several iterations to stabilize and tune

Clan leaderboard table does not work as intended and will be updated later - it only shows port battle oriented clans[/i]

Very rare issue of corrupted items locking the exit from ports can still happen - but we have added the automatic deletion of such items and added additional logs to find more cases of such issue. If you cannot exit from port or sell a ship it is because one item in hold has become corrupted - please let us know when this happen in support section or by f11.

Not feeling so anti patch atm sunk AI Wasa got 237 Dubloons

Will have a chat with a few of you and come up with a plan tomoz

7 hours ago, Samurai~SPARTA~ said:

Not feeling the new patch, can't be bothered to ty starting from scratch on the PVE server...

Neither can I.

However I and Floyd have managed to earn some dubloons by sinking AI traders and I am not as gloomy as before.

I have rebuilt my shipyard at Brangman's so we can make small ships there, we have a lot of resources at Brangmans, enough to build 14 first rates from standard building resources.

All SOL's however need dubloons as a building resource the L'Ocean needs 9166.

Currently we are staging out of Turneffe I would suggest we need to be staging from Tantum Cuzamil as it's a lot closer to the enemy shipping. Wherever we stage from we need a source of repairs/rum and we need to get any loot that does not fit into the captains chests back to Brangmans.

Had my Pirate Frigate sunk yesterday by Cabral

Built a new one, sailed it and a T Brig from Brangmans to Turneffe with Rum and Repairs in hold

On way to Tantum Cuzamil to open ports for both my characters

Gave in and joined Floyd I now have a Hercules

As a few of us are sailing from Tantun Cazomil I have built a Sugar Plantation in Sandy Bay to make more rum as we may need it.

I also have a coal mine at Sandy Bay and an iron mine at Gracias a Dios so I will not need to run down the ship building resources in our clan warehouse to make hull repairs.

It may be an idea to transport our Bellonas to Tantun Cazomil and Luggage his 4th rate so we can take on larger AI targets but I am not sure of this yet. 

Does anyone need a Bellona?

I have built an Academy building for the expensive skill books

However If you have a spare 9000 dubloons you can craft the Navy Loodsman Reports in any GB port (go to Admiralty then PVP tab) it will give +5 speed

Now I am very poor :D

Having to rethink my sailing policy sinking traders is giving me no income in Reals so I cannot afford to harvest resources from my buildings.

I have refit an Indiaman with cannons and I am going to hunt with this to unlock knowledge slots and be able to return looted goods, it may work 😎

Lol no sealed bottles for 2 weeks and I get 2 in 2 minutes

First 4779 dubloons

Second 1889 dubloons 298 Copper Ingots

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

• 4 weeks later...

They have again made a change to the drop of dubloons in AI, thankfully there has been an increase I collected 8790 from sinking 3 x 3rd ships