Spartans Home

The Division

Zeno~SPARTA~

That's not good. I am surprised that it takes so long. 

In terms of the division there is a another global event this week starting Thursday, apparently the classified gearsets will be

Striker

D3-FNC

Deadeye

Out of these by far the most useful gearset in the game is Striker, with D3-FNC in second.

Hope to catch you later in the week.

The problem in the Division for a sniper build is that its a short to medium range game, so you cant get the separation needed to kill 10 targets. I built a rifle with a high optimal range but I only got 2 kills before the rest were on me. You're right, as part of a team it can work, but even with slow paced players like me you will get left behind by high damage players who need to be closer.

A team could consist of 

Open maps (eg Lincoln Tunnel)

striker x 3

tactician

Alternatively swap a Striker for a Lonestar or Deadeye or Hunters Faith

corridor maps (eg Russian Consulate) 

Striker x 2

D3FNC

Tactician

Alternatively swap a Striker for a Nomad

On the other hand, using other characters changes the way you play the game  and keeps it interesting!

So not sure if any one has tried it but had a little go at getting some div tech from the Damascus. you get the BP after you complete the general assemble mission i think. when you deconstruct and exotic you get div tech so i did a little y day of crafting from the blue print, using like 3/4 each weapon parts and tools then deconstruct and get div tech. unsure if people knew but hopefully helpfully if people didnt! 

Thats good info Adder, I will definitely take advantage of that when I am short a few div tech,

I think I know why some of the bosses are missing when we do our run. On my oldest character only one is missing, but on the newer ones, several are missing, I think its because they are related to nearby sidemissions and until they are completed the bosses don't appear. I have been doing the side missions with my newer characters and the bosses have appeared. But I have low sample rate of one, so I need to do more runs to verify this.

• 2 weeks later...

so after a few attempts i managed to solo Amherst on legendary using the tactic gezzer. tock a few attempts and a lot of falling back. used sticky and balls for most of it switching the sticky for flame for the bit when your underground and come up the stairs into the court yard. pretty much the same tactics as in a group and pulling back a lot, apart from the bit when you search the room and they all come over the roof, when i first tried going on the roof we normally go i was just getting melted in seconds. the little bit of wall dosenet provide enough cover and they grenade you to fuck. if you go further back on that roof they then charge up on the roof again. dead.

after a few trys found kicking them off and then climbing back into the room works and fighting from the room. you just have to watch out for the rushers than spawn in the room and insta kill you. but i went a bit further back into the stairs and when those rushers spawn they run out of the room before they start attacking you. then the last bit is again just taking time and a lot of running backwards. that last bit didn't go any further than the ammo box until the last guy. i didn't see a hunter so assume i didnt have one. 

hope this helps if any one if they give it ago (probs spent 45 odd mins doing it though so not the quickest bang for buck)

2 hours ago, adder360~SPARTA~ said:

so after a few attempts i managed to solo Amherst on legendary using the tactic gezzer. tock a few attempts and a lot of falling back. used sticky and balls for most of it switching the sticky for flame for the bit when your underground and come up the stairs into the court yard. pretty much the same tactics as in a group and pulling back a lot, apart from the bit when you search the room and they all come over the roof, when i first tried going on the roof we normally go i was just getting melted in seconds. the little bit of wall dosenet provide enough cover and they grenade you to fuck. if you go further back on that roof they then charge up on the roof again. dead.

after a few trys found kicking them off and then climbing back into the room works and fighting from the room. you just have to watch out for the rushers than spawn in the room and insta kill you. but i went a bit further back into the stairs and when those rushers spawn they run out of the room before they start attacking you. then the last bit is again just taking time and a lot of running backwards. that last bit didn't go any further than the ammo box until the last guy. i didn't see a hunter so assume i didnt have one. 

hope this helps if any one if they give it ago (probs spent 45 odd mins doing it though so not the quickest bang for buck)

Well, I did feel accomplished doing the Russian Consulate solo on challenging with my new marksman build before reading this. (2 DeadEye, 2 Hunter's Faith, 1 Nomad, ninja bag; M700 and Devil)

The new sheild is live for colecting exotics

. Missing the gloves and 2 guns. Think the guns are buyable from the speicl vendor.

Been trying out a hybrid of 2 tac 2 nomad 1 alpha and ninja pack. That with pred and another health on kill gives you a lot of health back. Plus if you duck behind cover you can fully replen helath after a short while. Working ok but its not over tough for fave on engagments.

Incredibly, I only need the Tommygun, I deleted my last one mistakenly because I didnt realise there was a separate Thompson 1929. I'll get there eventually, frustrating though it is. Nice one on the hybrid, I think these are fun so I will rank up the 4 character to mess around with them.

Zeno, here's my sniper hybrid build:

Devil

• 172% headshot damage
  • 65.1K base damage
  • Vicious
  • Ferocious
  • Fire
  • Extended mag (116% size, 4% critical hit damage, 3% critical hit chance)
  • VX-1 Scope (18% headshot damage, 4% critical hit damage, 2.5% stability)
  • Omega rifle suppressor (17.5% headshot damage, 4% critical hit damage, 2% accuracy, 47% reduced threat)
  • Small grip (17% critical hit damage, 2.5% stability, 4.5% reload speed)

M700 Tactical

• 165% headshot damage
  • 121K base damage
  • Swift
  • Destructive
  • Elevated
  • Extended magazine (119% size, 3% critical hit chance, 4% critical hit damage)
  • VX-1 Scope (18% headshot damage, 4% critical hit damage, 2% accuracy)
  • Omega rifle suppressor (18% headshot damage, 4.5% optimal range, 3% critical hit chance, 42% reduced threat)

Hunter's Faith vest

• 2,003 ARM
  • 205 firearms
  • 1401 stamina
  • 623 electronics
  • 6% enemy armor damage
  • 15,511 health
  • 56% ammo capacity
  • 2x electronics mods (+209 electronics, 4% damage to elites)

DeadEYE Acquisition Mask

• 996 armor
  • 1,395 firearms
  • 205 stamina
  • 414 electronics
  • 4% critical hit chance
  • 12% damage to elites
  • Electronics mod (+209 electronics, 4% damage to elites)

Hunter's Faith Kneepads

• 1,596 armor
  • 205 firearms
  • 1,272 stamina
  • 458 electronics
  • 4% enemy armor damage
  • 33% burn resistance
  • 33% disrupt resistance
  • 16% damage to elites
  • Electronics mod (253 electronics, 3,276 to skill power)

NinjaBike messenger bag

• 1,287 armor
  • 205 firearms
  • 1,260 stamina
  • 414 electronics
  • 9% critical hit damage
  • 56% ammo capacity
  • Electronics mod (+209 electronics, 4% damage to elites)

DeadEYE trigger gloves

• 997 armor
  • 1,200 firearms
  • 205 stamina
  • 205 electronics
  • 17% critical hit damage
  • 6% critical hit chance
  • 12% marksman rifle damage

Holster of the Nomad

• 1,001 armor
  • 1,247 firearms
  • 1,272 stamina
  • 1,272 electronics
  • 4% critical hit chance

Set bonuses:

• Nomad: 15% health on kill
  • DeadEYE: 40% initial bullet stability, 20% marksman rifle critical hit damage
  • Hunter's Faith: 20% optimal range, 10% headshot damage

Stat totals:

• Firearms: 4,992
  • Stamina: 6,150
  • Electronics: 3,921

Abilities:

• Pulse (Recon pack)
  • Recovery link
  • Turret (Flame)

Talents:

• Combat medic: Use medkit near allies to heal group members and proxies within 20m for 40%
  • Wildfire: 30% to spread burn effect within 10m radius
  • Precision: Headshot a target to pulse them for 10 seconds
  • One is None: Headshot a hostile for 50% of not consuming the bullet

* Still looking for better mods/attachments, but that's the best of what I have currently

Just picked up an M700 carbon last night, I'll do a few runs and get back to you on the damage output.

M700 Carbon

• 172% headshot damage
  • 124K base damage
  • Disciplined
  • Harmful
  • Elevated
  • Extended magazine (119% size, 3% critical hit chance, 4% critical hit damage)
  • VX-1 Scope (18% headshot damage, 4% critical hit damage, 2% accuracy)
  • Omega rifle suppressor (18% headshot damage, 4.5% optimal range, 3% critical hit chance, 42% reduced threat)
  • Small grip (18% critical hit damage, 4.5% optimal range, 4.5% reload speed)

Since "Harmful" has a chance to cause bleeding, I switched out "Combat medic" talent for "Shrapnel". 

now that i have manged to get pred on the free talent of my ACR i use with my tact setup i tired a 5 peice tac build with every thing rolled on sticky boom damage. 

i did amhurst ledge, with out dieing!, used a bottle of water (+20% elite damage for bla secs) for the first medic so he went down in one shot and that first section normally. on that little window ledge the move to the balcony for the next lot untill the snipers then get into range and fall back to the start for when the next bunch spawn. get the guys that spawn in the building on the right then get back to the balcony. then once got them went into the tunnel. now switched sticky for flame turret get the rushers. but then double back to the place where the snipers were over looking the next part. swapped to med bag and sticky and now picked them off with the sticky. 

you can only relay get the bit where theirs the small stairs but then they didn't seem to push forward of that point and was able to pop sticky's on the wall some times getting 3/4 of them per sticky with the boost from multi hits. i was getting peppered bu nades sticky and snipers hench the med bag. and also being carefully to aim the sticky not at the railing in front of me!

after that, got all but like 1 sniper that i had to move fo ward to. swtich the med bag back to seekers and fought the next lot from the room / corridor.

Then the final bit, the hunter before i was lucky and didnt have a hunter, but i wanted to see if i could do it.  so swaped the seekers  for bullet turret and went at him. he stayed at the far end so i was slowly pushing forward. and after a long while, all my granades med packs a bottle of water and my recoverly link going off, he was down to 1/4. he then heal back fully......

kept getting the turret in to a position to keep bothering him poping him with stickys, being out of med packs i was only on 1/3 but evently he seemed to slow down the barrage of grandes and his self heal seemed to get less. got him back to 1/4 so i drank some water sticky-ed and got the big al on a do or die spray and pray and finished him off! getting a set of mc gloves for my troubles lol  

D03CD6089940B2FF9AC7AE93CEBA27134092FC9D

Nice one Adder, I'll have to learn to drink water before firing the sticky, I should also stock up before going out. I guess you get water from the consumables cupboard in the med section. When I killed the Hunter I switched manually to d3 fnc with a fire turret. Hunters like to axe my shield so I put the turret behind them, when their on fire I shoot them in the face. 

I will have to learn how to do it only using tactician.

• 4 weeks later...