Spartans Home

The Division

Zeno~SPARTA~

J asked me if I was going to play the Division 2, to which I responded I really could not get into the Division 1, so probably not.

Having said that Greg has been playing it and Luggs played a lot a while ago, so we gave it a go. I had not even got into the city, initially we encountered higher level ruffians in hoodies who were indestructible to my weapons and following a few hours of whining I started to get into it a bit. plus its NYC so having lived there it has added a little more atmosphere. 

So now with a lot of help I am coming to grips with it. Unfortunately its limited to 4 players which causes problems occasionally. I am level 22 and am aiming for level 30. The highest level person in the team dictates the level of the enemy so the majority need to be the higher level.

Anyway I will probably end up buying division 2 eventually

I am also considering  X4

4 of us have reached level 30 and are delving into gear sets and classified gear sets. Rizzla is level 25 after only a few hours and can contribute, even in a tier 5 world, he will be level 30 soon.

I am struggling to get a 6 piece Striker classified gear set, so I use a 4 piece with 2 Nomad. I am practising with a support build 4 piece Reclaimer plus 2 Nomad. This gives the health bag all the perks that you normally have individually, plus I have tweaked all my gear to increase duration from kills and range. Unfortunately my killing power is sacrificed somewhat, so it needs better tweaking or weapons combination.

There is a lot of thinking required for this game which can be challenging  for an old codger like me, but I am slowly getting better.

I played an incursion yesterday, it was excruciating, difficult, frustrating and ultimately unrewarding, all I can say is I dont have any desire to do it again.

• 4 weeks later...

Halli if you are still struggling to find a lightweight M4 go to the special equipment vendor in the terminal. He is selling the Liberator which has the same performance as an M4 (I believe  but check with your family and friends who play regularly).

Cost - 1331 phoenix credits

Gear Score - 274

Talents -  Fierce, Accurate and Sustained

As I told you 2 pieces of Striker gear give you 20% stability plus the M4 has less recoil than the LVOA C

• Thanks 1

I ended up buying the season pass for 10 euros although I will probably only play survival. Probably best only buy the base game and see how you like it, then get the DLCs you want in the next sale if you want. The only other benefit to me is cosmetic (you get a lot more choice in apparel). I have been playing a couple of months and am still learning so I cant say I missed the DLCs.

Thats great J. We will help you rank up one character to level 30 in a few hours. You can set up another character to play through the game the normal way. With both you will have to do a few missions to get over to Manhattan, once you liberate the post office at 31st and 8th we can help.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:22 AM, Zeno~SPARTA~ said:

Halli if you are still struggling to find a lightweight M4 go to the special equipment vendor in the terminal. He is selling the Liberator which has the same performance as an M4 (I believe  but check with your family and friends who play regularly).

Cost - 1331 phoenix credits

Gear Score - 274

Talents -  Fierce, Accurate and Sustained

As I told you 2 pieces of Striker gear give you 20% stability plus the M4 has less recoil than the LVOA C

Thanks Zeno this helped  and I did get a full Predators mark classified kit last night.

Well the global event is over. I went in this morning an hour before the end, I needed a challenging mission to get the 750 GE credits to have a bash at getting the last piece of the 4 classified sets in this GE. Needless to say I ran Lexington, but using the Tactician build. Afterwards I went to the GE vendor and purchased one Classified Firecrest Cache hoping for a Holster but expecting gloves which I have got out of the last 6 caches, but no, the last cache in the last minutes of the event yielded the last item I was waiting for. So After a lot of farming I have full classified gear sets for Predator, Lonestar, Reclaimer and finally Firecrest. Now I need to earn many thousands of Division Tech credits to be able to optimise them, that is after watching hours of videos explaining the best set ups.

I have been thinking about a starter kit for Adder and J until they get their bearings.

I have been testing a 4 piece Nomad and a 2 piece Striker.

4 piece Nomad offers a constant small amount of healing during combat (for 3 pieces) with 4 pieces if you receive fatal damage you are instead healed to full health (4 minute cool down)

2 piece Striker offers 20% stability

If we find a Ninja messenger bike bag we can replace the backpack and effectively have 4  Nomad and 3 Striker, which will add 10% enemy armour damage.

I used the latter setup and although it took a bit longer to finish Lincoln Tunnel (challenging) than I do with a 6 piece Striker classified Gear set it was still fine even with far from optimised gear.

Hopefully this will give you guys a reasonable starting point.

This sounds very helpfull. Im still not sure what a lot of that means lol im high level 28 at the moment so sure ill be level 30 soon.

I think ive got a cupple of nomad bits. And some other sorts of stuff. Still a long way from understanding how it all works together. Holding of spending any of the crafting and other credits untill i do.

That build is a tanky build that gives you time to get out of trouble that you might wander into, you can transform this into a more aggressive build by switching 2 of the nomads for striker, ie 4 striker and 2 nomad.

There is a lot to take in so I will not add to the overload too much. Having said that here are a few bits of info.

Weapons (high end and exotic). You should note that there is a randomness to almost every feature, for example not every LW M4 has the same damage per shot.

Assault Rifles - ARs have enemy armour damage as standard (around 20%). The favourite is the light weight M4, but some also like the ACR e and the G36

LMG:- These have extra damage to enemies out of cover of around 20%. Big Alejandro, Hungry Hog (Exotic) and MG5, M60 and Tactical M249 Para

SMG:- These offer extra critical hit chance of around 20%. The House (exotic) and PP19 are my favourites

Marksmen Rifles:- These have extra headshot damage of around 160%. M700 Carbon (bolt) and Paratrooper SVD (Semi auto) are my choices

Shotguns:- Stagger enemies. I dont like these weapons with the exception of the Showstopper.

Weapons have talents (3 for high end), talents have stat requirements from a combination of Firearms, Stamina and Electronics. One talent is free of these stat requirements and I think one of the other 2 can be re calibrated.

Weapons can have up to 4 attachments, Scope muzzle, grip and Mag. Each attachment adds features to the build. For Striker I go for critical hit damage from the attachments and extended mag, herein after called Extendo's of around 100-120%

Using one of my ARs as an example

Optics - Pro Red dot. 18% Critical hit damage, 2.5% Stability, 5.5% Headshot damage

Muzzle - SR 7 Suppressor. 18% Critical hit Damage, 2.5% Stability, 5% optimal Range, 50% Reduced Threat.

Underbarrel - Small Grip, 18% Critical hit damage, 2.5% Stability 4.5 % Optimal range

Mag - Extendo 118% mag size, 2.5% Critical hit chance, 5.2% rate of fire

That's enough for now!!!

One of the problems I have in this game is hoarding. I can easily fill the backpacks of 4 characters plus the stash.

Here are four helpful videos to create a filter.

But first, never bin an exotic (unless its a weak duplicate) or classified gear, I will explain in person.

Thanks i had a look at them last night and got some info he was talking quite quickly so defo didn't take it all in lol will have to prob go over them again to find out more.

i found a reddit page with lots of different infos and such https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/wiki/community_resources#wiki_best_in_slot_items_.2F_weapon_guides im not sure what will be of use to people but a lot of info there i didnt know!

I finally got my 6th piece of the D3-FNC gear set today

When I first started using it I had no idea how to organise the Firearms/Stamina/Electronics and using the logic that this is a skill driven set I put as much as I could into Electronics. On my first outing I found the shield wanting to say the least (useless). Then someone told me its strength was derived from stamina so I reworked my 5 piece set to 9000 stamina, this gave a shield strength of about 900,000 hit points. This was much better, I could move forward into heavy fire without losing the shield, I just had to step behind cover to replenish the shield health. Then I found out that skill power had to be over 121,644 (I think), so I added performance mods that increased skill power and surpassed the target  figure.. At this point my shield strength was 1,385,000 and I have to say it was very tanky in challenging missions, if I died it was because I made a mistake (not careful about flanks, or pressing wrong button, going to menu or worse throwing the shield away). Now with the sixth piece shield strength is 2,350,000.  I am looking forward to testing this. Already in the Russian consulate in challenging it allows the team to advance faster and kill more NPCs because with the shield I can get to the medic Bags and destroy them. This map is perfectly suited to D3-FNC because you often fight in corridors, also by advancing with the shield the other players can take down the enemies whilst they are shooting at the shield. The shield has a 200% threat leve,l plus I use a loud vent on my SMG which has a 48% threat level. By accident my SMG is capable of taking down elites (i guess because i can stand  in front of them and shoot them in the face).

On a different note I was talking to Adder about critical hit chance "CHC". I have to say I have never really worried about this until yesterday. It could be because my first 6 piece gearset was Striker and when you get the 100% stack with a LW M4 any enemy goes down. My CHC was only 15% and Adder told me the max was 60%, this left me feeling inadequate, so I did a couple of things to improve the CHC slightly. After a bit of research I found out that it is hard to get up to the 60% cap with an AR, the best base CHC will probably be around 37%. Apparently you can get from there to 60% by popping a pulse and maybe a Defib. But a reality of the game is it is really hard to achieve the ideal settings because you can only change 2 things so unless you have mulitples you probably wont get there.

Finally another Global event will start tomorrow, this is an opportunity to gather more classified gear.

The Global Event start today, it will be a chance to get Lonestar, Deadeye and Final Measure,. I got the last piece of Final Measure in a cache yesterday and I already have full set of the other 2. But I will just accumulate the GE credits for the next event and get some masks.

I think the new shield will be released today, apparently it will be awarded if you have 3 classified gear sets. I hope this is retroactive.

The global events last 7 days. I think the most useful classified set in this bunch is Lonestar.

Deadeye is a sniper build, I think there are times when a sniper may work, but I find you cannot get enough range to separate you from the target to be really useful, but thats just me. Fully optimised they can deal multi million HP headshots

Final measure defuses grenades thrown at or near him and can then add them to his stock, the 6 piece offers some benefit to the team.

Lonestar is more of a fighter, swapping primaries automatically reloads them plus there is a chance it will refill itself and increase the rate of fire by 25 - 30%, off the top of my head there is additional damage for LMGs and Shotguns but the benefit works for all guns types. Also carries additional ammo.

I still think a 4 Piece striker and 2 piece Nomad is better and everyone should aim for a 6 piece Striker classified.

With that said since there is a GE so I would prioritise Lonestar and try to get the other 2 afterwards.

A great aspect of the game is team synergy, Lonestar is the ultimate suppressor. This character can fire pretty much non stop so enemies in cover are suppressed allowing team mates to flank them and enemies out of cover are shredded. Again off the top of my head LMGs have extra damage to enemies out of cover.

I have all of them but have not really played with them much or optimised them.

My favourites are

Striker - good all the time

Tactician  - used with care an optimised tactician is great in solo or team play. Can deal a lot of damage without breaking cover with very powerful seeker mines and vaporise targets with a sticky by breaking cover for a split second (1,200,000 hp).

D3 - FNC - the shield in the optimised 6 piece is incredible and allows aggressive advance in team play with allies clearing the flanks. I would really like to perfect the stack, 3-4 Players advancing together behind a shield, firing over the shields shoulder and covering the flanks.

Reclaimer - an incredibly strong healer, with a med bag that refills mags within its range, immunises everyone within its range and has a fast heal and revive. The Reclaimer can constantly throw down a bag.