Spartans Home

Ground Branch in Early Access

DaiSan

played just over a week ago, it was short notice so didn't look into it (although ive know about the game for a few years it seems like?), but did notice this was an early access release.

it's funny u mentioned Takedown, 'cause that's what i was thinking when playing this for the first time, on that ship map, with no sound except really poor quality enemy gunshot noises, being shot at by incredibly alert and accurate enemies.

actually i persisted and did have some fun with some other maps, playing with friends will be good for sure. i understand the game has been patched but ive not played it since, and tbh i'm not super keen to jump back in due to there being plenty of work needed to get the game up to speed.

what i hope is that they have made a bunch of money from this release and can now get a lot more feedback and things will progress nicely.

the multiplayer lobby and server join system all worked really well, the ready room stuff is kinda unique to me, i can take that or leave it, just made it confusing the first time i played. sorry i mentioned Takedown earlier because that will put ppl off but at least in Groundbranch i can play a game, and join a server with no issues, so you can actually you know play the damn game haha.

the amount of guns and configuration is neat also.

looking forward to playing some of this in the future.

It's definitely rusty, to say the least. You can feel just how early the build is.

That being said, with some AI tweaks, the server Killerbees and I run is much more tolerable now. Notably, we've reduced their engagement range a hair, at least until they allow us to control accuracy, and have actually given the bots footsteps and what not. We still don't have full control over the AI, but it does help make them lest insta-snipey than they were before. The devs are also testing new AI tweaks proposed by one of the community members on a few servers, though I haven't tried that yet.

It's definitely better than Takedown, and shows WAY more potential, but I think it'll be a while before it gets there.