Spartans Home

Space Engineers Update 24/7

Luggage~SPARTA~

• 4 months later...

Today is the day! And the game is free to play all weekend for anyone that hasn't played it yet.

https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/update-1-189-major-overhaul-of-survival-ladders-leaving-early-access.7402606/

Main Features

• New blocks - Ladder, Basic Assembler, Hydrogen Engine, Small Battery, Wind Turbine, Survival Kit
  • Survival gameplay improvements
  • Learning to Survive scenario
  • Never Surrender scenario
  • Progression Tree
  • Survival respawn mechanics
  • New chat features
  • New encounters

New Features

• Ladder
  • Basic Assembler block
  • Hydrogen Engine block
  • Survival Kit block
  • Wind Turbine block
  • Small Battery 1x1x1
  • Responsive block’s LCD panels (cockpit, medical room, respawn kit..) have correct state based on the state of the block
  • LCD panels on all blocks have new pictures
  • Progression Tree and progress sharing in the faction
  • Progression UI in G-Screen with search and support for categories
  • Processing stone gives ingots (iron, nickel, silicon) and gravel
  • Improved chat with more features (channels, timestamp, gps, emotes)
  • Help for chat in F1 screen
  • Preloading voxel materials and textures when loading world
  • Veteran Mark 2 skin (Promoted Engineer achievement reward)
  • You can choose a faction before spawning
  • Temperature for environment
  • Voxel trash removal tool for administrators
  • Search in production tab
  • New tooltip info in respawn screen
  • Players spawn near each other, you can set optimal distance in the world settings
  • New Main Menu videos and overlay
  • Assembler skips item if there is not enough resources to finish it
  • New respawn pods, one for space, one for planets and one for the moon
  • Redesigned and added encounters
  • New visuals for trees
  • New textures for voxels
  • New achievements for Learning to Survive and Never Surrender scenarios
  • New inter-grid communication system for Programmable block. Allows broadcast or unicast communication for scripts
  • Added Current ship filter option to inventory screen
  • Added temporary ban feature for player hosted multiplayer
  • Added PCU pool for Space Pirates faction
  • Increased regeneration speed for Medical Room
  • Reintroduced character ragdoll
  • Pasted enemy grids do not automatically change ownership to you. This is new feature is for administrators
  • New survival tutorial video in F1 screen

• 2 weeks later...

J, I had a look at your lift vehicle and tested it locally.

I created a GPS point at a connector on the ground and another at 5000m. I set the remote to climb to the 5000m  gps then descenf to the connector.

result 1

It climbed very slowly and spun like a top.

I added 2 descent thrusters and engaged precision mode.

Result 2

Climbed much faster and spun less but missed the connector on landing

I moved the Remote Control to behind the seat added a conveyor and connector directly beneath it then plumbed it into your existing conveyors. Reparked Bertha straight and connected.

Result 3

Same as result 2 except it consistently lands on connector but not aligned.

The next step is the timing blocks to disconnect/connect, turn thrusters on/off.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been messing around with a great autopilot manager, Sam's Autopilot Manager v2. I have been using it to launch a cargo ship from earth to another ship in space. It orients itself correctly and locks automatically. Then I come back to earth where it docks to a specific connector and again locks automatically. 

It also allows higher speeds than 100 m/s and manages its thrusters perfectly with no waste, Furthermore it will prioritise thruster type depending on where you are.

If you are interested its here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1653875433

• Like 1

I like the look of that Zeno 👍

I have been messing about on a local save and have come across a problem that my assemblers lose the ability to make some of the tools, I think this may be related to one of Adders mods the one with the more powerful ore detectors

It is the mod, but a fix is to only load the mod when I really need a small block high powered ore detector which is quite rare

4 hours ago, custard~SPARTA~ said:

I like the look of that Zeno 👍

I have been messing about on a local save and have come across a problem that my assemblers lose the ability to make some of the tools, I think this may be related to one of Adders mods the one with the more powerful ore detectors

It is the mod, but a fix is to only load the mod when I really need a small block high powered ore detector which is quite rare

Have they introduced new tools? There is some code in the mod to stop the asselbers making a noise which used to make the main bases ear akes. So that file is probs out dated. 

Ill see about having a look at it soon (and try to remember what to do ha ha)

Was planing to revisit the liquid hydron now there is the hydron genrators.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:54 PM, Zeno~SPARTA~ said:

I have been messing around with a great autopilot manager, Sam's Autopilot Manager v2. I have been using it to launch a cargo ship from earth to another ship in space. It orients itself correctly and locks automatically. Then I come back to earth where it docks to a specific connector and again locks automatically. 

It also allows higher speeds than 100 m/s and manages its thrusters perfectly with no waste, Furthermore it will prioritise thruster type depending on where you are.

If you are interested its here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1653875433

This looks far more promising than trying to use just the remote control block's autopilot, nice find. I'll get it added to the server.

1 hour ago, Zeno~SPARTA~ said:

Its just a script, I dont think you need to add it (? indicating uncertainty of statement).

As far as i remember as long as the server allows programmable blocks you can add any code.

also, what are the details of the server? sorry if i have missed a previous post detailing it.

16 hours ago, adder360~SPARTA~ said:

Have they introduced new tools? There is some code in the mod to stop the asselbers making a noise which used to make the main bases ear akes. So that file is probs out dated. 

Ill see about having a look at it soon (and try to remember what to do ha ha)

Was planing to revisit the liquid hydron now there is the hydron genrators.

There are no new tools as far as I know, it's no problem to be honest for me as it's easy to +/- a mod on my own save just thought you should know 👍

I have used your shuttle as a base to make my own and I have been to space mined platinum and returned without a incident so far, first time I have been off planet since they have been released rofl

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 6:54 PM, Zeno~SPARTA~ said:

I built a vtol shuttle just to play with this for going in to and out of a gravity well

Bloody awesome find :banana_dance:

I built a small block hydrogen "rocket" to transport materiel to a space station. I control it from the earth base. It still amazes me to watch it land vertically on its connector. Adder had done this with a standard remote but it takes many steps to accomplish.

A great bonus is hydrogen consumption. Using this I can operate my hydrogen eagles with two tanks instead of four. This allowed me to add a passenger compartment.