Spartans Home

Space Engineers Update 24/7

Luggage~SPARTA~

Server updated 10:30 UK time today.

Apologies for my sloth on this, I am in darkest Bulgaria and haven't been able to be as close to the server, poor excuse I know!

Any feedback on the server performance gratefully received. Initial view is that the multi-player update has made a material difference to performance, and we are seeing a solid update rate of '1'. Clearly the world is not yet overly complex and we may be disappointed as more metal is laid down, but it certainly is holding for the present. Multi-headed miners don't have any visible impact on performance.

I am holding off MODS at the moment but we can review this in a week or so if we maintain the level of performance.

Ta

Does Bulgaria = Manchester?

Edit - @5.18pm unable to see either your server or Hunters I suspect another mini update

They have fixed Blueprints so I will attempt to tidy mine up a bit

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

They let you out of blighty????????

It's up thanks, ping is a little high (will be my end) so I will get back to sorting out my blueprints and try again later.

I though you might be interested to know that Samurai has had his "telescopey viewery looking glass" out and he has spotted the following planets in various orbits.

Moon-1353915701d19000
Alien-291759539d120000
Titan-2124704365d19000
Mars-2044023682d12000
Europa-595048092d19000

Now we all need to be careful and not piss off the Universe entity, so can I remind everyone of the following please.

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS – EXCEPT EUROPA.
ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.

Do we have pics available?

@Cent you have been busy nice!

How does the auto blast door work?

I could not get the small rotor trick to work acceptably so I built a large block survey ship (this monstrosity is outside the base) and have found a suitable flattish valley to begin serious mining

Iron first if there is any priority for specific ore after the iron let me know, we may need more than one large container at base :thumbsup:

I see steam has a group chat thingummy now do we want to use this to keep up to date with each others work or continue to use this thread?

Do we have pics available?

@Cent you have been busy nice!

How does the auto blast door work?

I could not get the small rotor trick to work acceptably so I built a large block survey ship (this monstrosity is outside the base) and have found a suitable flattish valley to begin serious mining

Iron first if there is any priority for specific ore after the iron let me know, we may need more than one large container at base :thumbsup:

I see steam has a group chat thingummy now do we want to use this to keep up to date with each others work or continue to use this thread?

Yea the blast door is nice, I didn't look into how the auto close stuff was being done, but that's pretty slick.

Adder and I built a mini mining base over on the lake that I put a large landing pad on that may fit your surveyor.

We could give the group chat a try, but if we talk about our shenanigans here, we may entice some new players to join us... Hint hint, noobs.

I set up the the blast door using a selection of different sensors, currently only set to open for small ships but can be adjusted to open for large ships if required. Also put one on the shuttle bay to open when you fly near the door. Going to do the lake base at some point.

In the process of building a trailer for the rover to mine ice with and start building the supplies for entering the cosmos.....

I have used sensors before but I have never seen a door in multiplayer that is that slick it's very cool

My large block miner is over iron just need to add thrusters to make it mobile I surveyed the ice field and I couldn't find any iron close enough to the surface for my miner to reach that is why it is in a valley in the opposite direction to the ice base

So i managed to figure out the sensor thingymebobwhatsit for the base storage pads. Pad one is now complete - simply land on the conector - power down thrusters and hop out. Use the control panel on the red walkway to lower the pad - once its down the blast doors will close automatically.

Both Cent and Adder have built space going ships :worshippy:

As Cent found Platinum we have some nice sets of tools in the small container by the cryo pods :thumbsup:

@Luggs the welding ships appear to be missing the health and safety lights are these a statuary requirement if so please add them and I will update my blueprints

So went on to finish recovering my hydro based shuttle from when it crashed landed, used the rover which i have to say handled very well on the sever, and i wanted to test the top speed, which turns out to be about 60m/s before the wheels smash up :). but after repairing that i started to try and prep the shuttle for another venture into space but as i went to place a projector on it i was not able as i had hit my PCU limit. any one else reached this yet? i didnt think i had built that much, unless its the sever wide limit, i did a bit of trash removal and tidying up random junk but alasss.

so as i did another trip into space.

this is a gps ruffly above the lake base where the planets grav stops

GPS:0g POINT:43311.99:-44895.15:83991.68:

and this is were i started a mini out post to help space travels nearest rock i could find to 0 near our bases, just a small container, antenna, battery, connector and a few soloars

GPS:SPACE OUTPOST:41928.4:-51355.36:82839.95:

about the window you have half blocks and on top you had the half slope. guess it wasn't enough of an edge to be air tight. replaced the slope with the 2x1 slope small part. all breathable in there now.

I blame these dodgy cowboy midlands builders. What we clearly needed was a dodgy southern geezer to sort it out. oioi!

If any one is brave enough

Rig Miner

Operational Limits
Rotor speed 0.15
Right Click Mining - Pistons max speed 0.005
Mining - Pistons max speed 0.0003
When mining stabilisers must be unlocked and off
When moving rig pistons must be at 0 distance, rotor must be off and locked, stabilisers must be on and locked
Will only mine safely if level, when retracting the pistons sometimes they get caught on the stabilsers and have to be ground off and rebuilt from projection so they do not auto lock as this causes problems
It will break if you use it but this really isn't a problem just post pics of carnage
cya in 2 weeks