Spartans Home

Aliens:Colonial Marines

Luggage~SPARTA~

will have to play some more to see the effect of this, i mean they spawn in your face and you either blast em point blank or they kill ya. even on recruit you can get overrun. maybe on the bigger maps we will see something different. seems like the game is harder if they all pile in at one, and the result of this will be easier? or maybe just less predictable? through the first missions they certainly seem to be have the same, but it's rather cramped on board the ships.

looks like there is a second line to edit in a different folder

I saw another post about another typo from geoffegg so thought copy paste it here. I believe we are all still missing this second INI fix that needed still.

This typo is in the DefaultEngine.ini, in your Steam\steamapps\common\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\Config\ directory

Turns out the biggest bug in the game isn't just one letter long Templar, it's one letter wrong too.

I've found out ClassRemapping=PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachXenoToTether also has a typo on the exact same line as the AttachPawnToTeather typo. It says ClassRemapping=PecanGAme with a capital A in Game which could potentially be causing a problem as well. (lower the A to "a" yes)

This exists in the DefaultEngine ini file, which is what serves as a default for the PecanEngine config in My Documents.

Just been testing it out quickly with both typo corrections in the Vanilla ACM and it looks to me like the Xeno Soldier's are definitely wall and ceiling climbing more, only tested No Hope in Hadley's so far.

This typo is in the DefaultEngine.ini, in your Steam\steamapps\common\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\Config\ directory
  • Like 1

After we finished racing, and after a 30 minute download, I did some playing around.

There are two files that need to be addressed.

My Document\My Games\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\Config\PecanEngine.ini

and

Steam\steamapps\common\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\Config\DefaultEngine.ini

On a clean install without playing the game, the PecanEngine.ini does not exist so you only need to address the DefaultEngine.ini. The system then creates the PecanEngine.ini from the DefaultEngine.ini.

If you have already played, then both files need addressing.

I did a clean install last night, changed teather to tether and Game to game as per the information above in DefaultEngine.ini. After starting the game, the PecanEngine.ini was created and had the changes mirrored in the new file.

I played the first few scenes up to where the umbilical gets trashed after recovering the ships log and the AI seem to be more responsive, so maybe there is something in this :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Samurai :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I have been away in a former eastern bloc country trying to lose the tails and get out with my life, so I have not been able to give this revised testing the attention it deserves. Is there any interest in trying this over the weekend at all for an hour or so, or until eyes bleed, whichever is sooner.

• Like 1