Spartans Home

Musk and SpaceX

Zathrus~SPARTA~

Hello,

10 years ago, I thought Musk was an eccentric guy with a dream to go to space..... Now as I watch, I realize that Musk is more like Werner von Braun during the Apollo program. A man driven to make his dream a reality... and the resources to apparently do it.

Musk intends to make space travel as common as buying an airfare on an airline. If you have any interest in space travel, I suggest you watch Musk's presentation to the International Astronautical Congress (IAC) in Adelaide, Australia last September. He has a huge vision, but more importantly he thinks he has figured out how to pay for it.

Only Musk and his team would code name their newest space vehicle "BFR" :D fairly obvious what that stands for..... haha.

It is really big.... and 100% reusable....

• 2 weeks later...

Falcon Heavy - Static fire test. Launch scheduled for NET 1st Feb.

Largest Booster developed since the Saturn 5 for the Apollo program. Its also designed to be reusable.

50 metric tons to orbit - that's double the shuttle and almost 3 times the next nearest operational booster in the world today.

https://youtu.be/sNgByUWwFKU

Yes that is very cool and to think the Falcon Heavy is replaced with this new rocket design in the video above...... the "BFR" is much larger than the Falcon Heavy....

He plans on having all three (Falcon 9, Falcon Heavy & BFR)... but intends to focus on and push the BFR

Both the Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy only the first stage is reusable. On the BFR everything is reusable... except fuel ofc.

But IF I lived in Florida, I would be watching the sky when they decide to let the Falcon Heavy liftoff.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~