Spartans Home

that is a nice top end speed.....

Zathrus~SPARTA~

I can only say three things.....

1) Wow.....

2)Thankfully this car is so expensive that there will never be many running the road at any one time... too many would want to achieve this top end speed which would not likely end well....

3)You know you are hauling ass when the lane marker strips become a solid line......

What impresses me is the acceleration when he opens the throttle at around 180mph, the speed jumped up to 230 mph really quickly. Its also interesting to see the cool down procedure, the test driver uses about half the distance to step down the speed, presumably to let the engine and tyres cool down.

Yes I also noticed his very deliberate coast down cool down....

I am sure it needs it..

It is difficult to cool an engine like that when it is running at WOT for that long in a production vehicle.

I also agree the top end acceleration is impressive. You can tell this is an overhead cam V8 the way it began to "breath" at about 4000 to 5000 rpm and the HP jumped upward very quickly.... it is a 5.0L V8 with twin turbos producing 1150HP at the wheels.

Most overhead cam engines are that way as they tend to produce their highest HP in the top 30% to 35% of the RPM range.

Also... as I watched him do these runs, yes he is on a road that has been closed for this test.... but he is in Nevada... in the Southwest we have critters like coyotes, javelina & deer etc. that fences barely slow down... if he were to have an animal like a coyote or javelina wander onto the road during his run... the impact would likely get the car airborne.... even if it did not... it is going to end very badly going at that speed. If it is a deer... the impact will be catastrophic.

So... even on a closed road... it takes balls of steel to do what that driver is doing.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

i think he just puts his foot down, before that it's just (somewhat) slow and steady because it wouldnt get enough traction to boot it with those street tyres on a normal road, just builds up nicely, changes gear and plants the foot.

engine infos: http://www.koenigsegg.com/build128-the-koenigsegg-engine/

Edited by PANiC

maybe.... but I keep seeing this... and think they might be doing something a bit different.

Transmission
  • 7-speed paddle-shift with auto shift mode
  • Koenigsegg Electronic differential (KED)
  • Koenigsegg Gearbox Control Module (KGCM)

This means both the transmission and rear differential are "smart" with control modules giving them instructions.