Spartans Home

oh OUCH!!

Zathrus~SPARTA~

always painful to see something rare get damaged.... at least it isn't totalled... but I bet that rear suspension, etc. is messed up pretty bad.

104791819-Pagazni_Zonda_1.1910x1000.jpg

An extremely rare Italian supercar estimated to be worth more than £1.5 million ($1.9 million) was left with "significant damage" after it smashed into a crash barrier in the U.K.

The blue Pagani Zonda, which has a top speed of almost 220 miles per hour, collided with a barrier on the A27 at Tangmere in West Sussex, England, on Saturday morning.

Sussex police said they were appealing for witnesses as no other car was at the scene upon police arrival. The driver of the car was not injured in the collision.

"We are appealing to anyone who saw this car driving on the A27, we are hoping someone would remember as it is so distinctive," Police Constable Peter De Silvio said in a statement Monday.

It is thought the "one-off" Italian-made vehicle was traveling in a convoy of sports cars shortly after 07.30 local time Saturday.

yes...

I remember about 30 years ago, I had a friend who raced a porsche 911 turbo weekly on road courses.

He took me out in his 911 and went into a 180 degree turn at about 80mph that was posted 35mph.

As we went through this turn (I was impressed by it's lateral G capabilities) he said; "Hey want to know what you should never do in a Porsche or any rear engine car?"

As he finished that sentence... the car snapped sideways.... he quickly snapped it back where it needed to be and we continued on through the turn accelerating hard.

He smiled and said; "Never let out of the gas in a turn, if you do the car will swap ends."

That made an impression on me...

Older 911s are infamous for lift off oversteer, especially the Turbo. I believe the newer ones are less prone to that due to better chassis management and electronics, although an acquaintance of mine did do a 360 on a track in a relatively recent 911 turbo, he lost control and before he could react it was heading in the right direction again without hitting anything, very jammy.