Spartans Home

How not to drive your Audi

Zathrus~SPARTA~

I saw this come up. The driver is on a closed circuit in Belgium but I am unsure whether he did not know the track or whether he just had a brain fart... but his entry into this area was not viable.

He had far too much speed to be coming in on a T intersection.... destruction of the car was inevitable... everyone is lucky to have walked away.

I am unsure but it appears to me that Audi uses this track to test production vehicles? does anyone know?

I should add... it did hold up well. In one of the photos at the end, you can see the entire structure absorbed that initial impact as it has a very slight twist in the car although it remained fairly straight.

Lucky for this guy he appears to have bounced at shallow angle impacts which helped the car spread the loads of each impact and dissipate tons of energy each time the car went airborne. (3 or 4 times it appeared to me)

But to add insult to injury... as he approached that intersection the road rises and then is dropping toward the intersection, while this is a very slight drop, it is enough that the car had not settled back down onto the suspension either. His insane speed of that approach essentially had the car partially airborne on the suspension, not enough to pull the wheels off, but enough he did not have all the weight on the wheels.

I still cannot decide it this was just an inexperienced person who just blasted down the track before he knew it... or if it is someone who just lost track of where they were on the track (brain fart) and by the time they knew it was too late.... not really sure. His approach mystifies me.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~