Spartans Home

Space Engineers General

Zeno~SPARTA~

Well I have arrived at the moon!! A temporary hangar was initially established but now there is a proper moon base, I just need to add some landing pads and defences. I have used the maintenance tunnel mod, which uses tunnels you can walk through as conveyors and they look cool. I have a transporter, which can reach the rest of the bases via an intermediate station.

MoonBase_zpsml5sgb6q.jpg

Adder has joined and is finalising an autonomous delivery system from the Refinery Station to the various outposts.

Panic has been metalizing his donut, and Rizz is reacquainting himself there as well.

Yesterdays update caused my instance to crash. I had to restart the instance 18 times to identify the 3 mods causing the crash, The Nanite Factory, the transporter and the Industrial Cockpits. I tried playing without them but, once you have it its hard to do without. Luckily there was a hotfix today and its all working again.

I am running Space engineers on my pc as a server

zzserver earth 2

it runs well on the whole, adder and I were able to play on it with a sim rate of 1 nearly all the time.

However it does not like projectors and sometime does not like the refinery base. Once it crashes the sim rate (into the 50s) the server has to be restarted.

• Like 1

Went to Mars again with Cent in the Whale (the Russian Hydrogen ship), quite impressive, if I read the russian correctly it has 26 Hydrogen (oxygen) generators, with no Ion Drives.

Adder I have done some scouting of the alien planet, in case you want to go there

Key features

5600km from the moon

1.10g

low oxygen atmosphere

Red lakes are ice

plenty of resources

Seems to be mountainous everywhere

I have found a lake next to a cliff and built the temporary industry there.

Built industry

Small reactor

Oxygen generator

Assembler

Refinery

Small Cargo container

There are a number of advantages to this planet and location.

Advantages

1 Low oxygen in the atmosphere will allow you to build an airtight base that draws oxygen from the outside using a vent/vents.

2. Atmosphere should mean winged vehicles should work allowing you to explore using planes.

3. Base area is resource rich

Disadvantages

1. Its far (5,600 Km), a ship weighing under 1,250,000 kg can jump 2,000 km per jump drive, jump drives take 6 minutes to recharge at 32 MWh (I think).

2. Gravity requires careful monitoring of H2

Here are some coordinates for you to copy and paste into the GPS

GPS:Alien Planet Jump Coord:4084954.25:-3552530:1633512.88:

GPS:Alien Planet Base:4089752.75:-3550586:1638402.88:

Here are some photos

Alien%20Base%203_zps6nppj2hd.jpg

Alien%20Base%202_zpseuimv9yd.jpg

Alien%20Base%201_zpsyyagfpwt.jpg

I had some problems with the server and lost Mars and the Alien planet, all other assets seem ok. I am in the process of adding them back now, they should be in roughly the same location as they were, but not exaclty.

While I am here I will try to add Titan and Europa.

Not sure what happened. I restarted the server, but when I spawned in at my refinery station the asteroid it is attached to wasnt there, so I quickly stopped and restarted the server. But then nothing was there it was a fresh start. Luckily one of the 5 backups still had the old world, so I recovered that but when I added it back I lost Mars and the Alien planet, I think it will be ok once people start making holes in those planets, at that point they will save differently and they should not disappear.

I jumped to about 9000km from earth and after a short while I saw some pirates a ways off, I wasnt worried, but I should have been, before long I was attacked, I managed to escape but was unable to place Titan and Europa.

I will build a Jump vessel that will that I can attach Broadsword to so that I can take that into the wildlands. Broadsword has a couple of jump drives but is very heavy and cannot jump far. The jump vessel will only have Jump drives, large reactor, manoeuvring thrusters and connectors, it will then be able to jump any ship, big or small quite far.

Broadsword_zpsygrszysd.jpg

I Have again revamped my Eagle wannabe, now it is Hydrogen and Ion, with no Hydrogen tanks and 8 Oxygen processors. At the moment it can carry 3 upfront and 5 in the back.

Eagle%203_zpsfgvqril2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

so i was playing around and making a little mod. firstly wanted to create "liquid hydrogen" tanks for storing hydrogen and then played around with creating fusion generator and a way to make a fuel from ice and some more powerful hydrogen thrusters so far made some using the vanilla blocks changing stats and so forth nothing to fancy

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1214632048

thats the link view able to friends only if any one wants a look. note it is completely unbalanced